perch on a lowrance perch on a lowrance perch on a lowrance perch on a lowrance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default perch on a lowrance

Can anyone get a snapshot or photo of their lowrance unit of a school of perch. A buddy got an 8 hds unit and we assume the pech are a red blob on the bottom. We would actually like to see what we're looking for if by chance. Thanks in advance, Mike

Look a few posts down, by Wakina. He provides a website with some screen shots from a HB unit, however on my HDS it looks the same as these.

Once I anchor the arcs tend to go away and it is just a steady line at/near the bottom.

Here's one from friday
    Last edited by Firetiger; 07-27-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Couldn't get two pics in same post , but this is what we got over top that school, 70+ perch

Nice mess of perch firetiger ! And some bonus eyes !!!
    Fish as much as you can...we're not here forever.

Default Thanks fellas

Went to Wakinas sites and the one on here, got it, gonna get the perch now. Think buddy has his bottom color set for red, blue gives a better hue, again, thanks all, Mike

My screens generally look like Firetiger's on my HDS-7 gen2. The perch look like a long continuous line most of the time because your'e sitting still at anchor. Looks totally different if you are moving and looking for them. The fish will appear more separated since they are only in the sonar cone a short time. I'll tell you what helped me though, and this probably sounds dumb. I took a 20oz soda bottle and filled it with sand. I figure that is about the size of a decent perch. I tied it to a string and dropped it over and moved it around the sonar cone to get a feel for what a 8"-9" target looks like on the bottom. You can play around with it at different distances off the bottom. I know, sort of lame but it helped me visualize what I'm seeing better. Has to be a fairly calm day though and it works easier if your'e anchored or drifting real slow. Here are a couple screen shots. Not very good ones but you get the idea.Good luck.

8. Default

My HDS-8 on perch

Add yellow to the lasagna and they are thicker

The line on the left is a bait being raised

Last edited by Big Dave Long Point On; 08-01-2014 at 07:45 AM.

Default Thanks guys

Gonna have to do some color adjustment on screen and zoom bottom. Looks like when we find em we will know what they look like, again, thanks all, Mike

I'd also like to thank everyone who's contributed. We should be finishing up the install of the HDS 7 Touch tomorrow, hopefully make it up to the lake in the next couple weeks. Can't wait to try it out.

Does anyone ever use down scan or side scan to locate fish or bait balls up there in the western basin?