Bandit Hooks Bandit Hooks Bandit Hooks Bandit Hooks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bandit Hooks

Default Bandit Hooks

Replacing all my split rings and hooks on my bandits after having some issues.

Does anyone know the correct size treble to put on them? I read on one thread #2s so that's what I bought and they look huge, I'm thinking the factory ones are maybe #4?

Not sure if the baits wouldn't run right with the incorrect size hook so want to put the right ones on

I had read elsewhere the Bandits had hook issues.....

Well after last weekend I am kind of glad the hooks aren't that good....we had a situation and I ended up with a hook buried in my finger past the barb.
    The hook broke with a four pound walleye thrashing around or it could have been a lot worst.

Quote Originally Posted by mikecat13 View Post
    Replacing all my split rings and hooks on my bandits after having some issues.

Does anyone know the correct size treble to put on them? I read on one thread #2s so that's what I bought and they look huge, I'm thinking the factory ones are maybe #4?

Not sure if the baits wouldn't run right with the incorrect size hook so want to put the right ones on
    They must be an odd size as the #4s that I have are a little bit smaller and the #2s I have are a little bigger. I am going with the #4s with a #2 split ring.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Dang phil, lucky lucky!

I almost lost a couple fish last week due to bent hooks, no good for tournaments so gotta get them fixed before this weekend.

Thanks wakina. It looks like my reefs have #4 and my Rapalason are in between 4 and 2 like you said I'll go with 4s I think

Quote Originally Posted by mikecat13 View Post
    Dang phil, lucky lucky!

I almost lost a couple fish last week due to bent hooks, no good for tournaments so gotta get them fixed before this weekend.

Thanks wakina. It looks like my reefs have #4 and my Rapalason are in between 4 and 2 like you said I'll go with 4s I think
    Newer Rapalas use the VMC hooks which I believe are made in France. I have had good luck with the #4 VMC Barbarian hooks on my harnesses, that is when/if I use trebles for the last hook on the snell.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

I had bought #2 VMCs so gonna stop by and exchange for #4 VMC and run those. Thanks

I run the round bend trebles,seem to hook fish better.I do not loose alot of fish with them. Good luck! fish on!

All mine are dj customs maybe he will chine in on what he uses as I heard he changes them out. We gave hauled in our share of 10 plus pounders this year and not a single issue. I know whatever us on there is razor sharp, been snagged more than once this year, these hook even get stuck in my rs net and our full rubber net

I have some of his custom lures and the hooks look exactly the same as the stock lures, I don't think he changes them, with painting them an time involved +the price he does it for would not be very cost-effective to replace them, but I could be wrong. Quality hooks are between 25 to 30 cents each buying by bulk

I have some #5 VMC trebles I found somewhere. I'm assuming you should be able to get #3s also, which sounds like what you need, if you can get #5s.http://www.fishusa.com/product/VMC-9...FYk9gQodrV4Big Found them at Fishusa if this link works.
    Last edited by Jawbreaker; 05-11-2016 at 08:39 PM.