Better day Better day Better day Better day

Thread: Better day

Smile Better day

Today my fishing buddy of many years, Al Scott, and I launched from Catawba and ran to "E" can and trolled north for over 2 miles without a bite so we decided to join the pack in the passage way between Mouse Island and Perry's monument. The water was much clearer and the lake was flat. In three hours we managed to land 6 nice eyes, all on P-10s using the 30/30 presentation. (One FishOhio 29 in.) Speed was 1.7 mph. Oh, for anyone interested, I still do not have GPS plotter or fish finder sonar but it has been promised by Friday. In a way it is nice not having a screen full of marks when nothing seems to work. I don't know about you but that drives me crazy. More this weekend.....

New to this trolling thing. So, does 30/30 mean 30 out and add 1 oz snap wt, let another 30 out and attach in line board?

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMike View Post
    New to this trolling thing. So, does 30/30 mean 30 out and add 1 oz snap wt, let another 30 out and attach in line board?
    Yes. 30 feet of line out, snap on a weight, let out another 30 feet of line and attach it to you board or planer line. Pretty sure everyone is running 1 oz. weights right now.

Yes. 1 oz snap weight out 30' from the lure. In honor of Jim Brown I use 32' and then 32' to a Church Walleye board giving me a total of 64'. The board is then run out 80' to 100'. Easy numbers to remember and when it works, easy to repeat.

Doc, you are lucky you didn't have a fish finder. We were out that day and caught 5 fish and headed back to look for something better when we saw all the boats where you were. Got past the ferry lane and it looked like the ferry had thrown body bags over the side. Could not believe all the marks in that area. Threw everything in the boat at them and couldn't get one to take it. Thought about throwing a treble hook down just to make sure our fish finder was working right and that it was not a daydream. Going back Sunday, hopefully they are biting better.

Quote Originally Posted by skeetercity View Post
    Doc, you are lucky you didn't have a fish finder. We were out that day and caught 5 fish and headed back to look for something better when we saw all the boats where you were. Got past the ferry lane and it looked like the ferry had thrown body bags over the side. Could not believe all the marks in that area. Threw everything in the boat at them and couldn't get one to take it. Thought about throwing a treble hook down just to make sure our fish finder was working right and that it was not a daydream. Going back Sunday, hopefully they are biting better.
    You have to look at those marks really close ......the sheepshead stack up in that area pretty good too.