GPS coordinates GPS coordinates GPS coordinates GPS coordinates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPS coordinates

Default GPS coordinates

I just want to give everyone a quick explanation of what us captains give as far as GPS numbers to our fellow fisherman. I have a couple phone calls from new people a day that do not understand what I sent them. So here is an example of what you would receive from me if you asked for numbers. I will either send a picture of my chart plotter or a simple 38/55. What them numbers are are the minute part of the format of the format (hours/minutes/seconds) so in this case it would be the middle number. The hours is a 60 mile grid. The minutes is a 1 mile grid (this is what I send) the seconds is a tenth of a mile grid. So when I send you numbers I will be putting you with in a one mile grid of the fish
    That's as close as I can get because fish have tails and swim around so it hard to get any closet than 1 mile. Here is a chart plotter screen from Saturday. The middle numbers on the north and the middle line of the West is what you would of received from me if you called or text. I hope this explanation helps. And no it was not just one person that did not understand what I was sending. I just want everyone to know what it is we are giving out. Thanks if you still have questions please feel free to call me so I can go into more detail. Thanks and good luck on the water. Jim use the top chart plotter the bottom one was a accident and it would not delete.GPS coordinates-20160326_105826-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images GPS coordinates-20160326_100758-jpg 

I would have never known to think of the number in that manner, being new to all this… thank you for the info.

Thank you Jim. I am one of the guys that was scratching my head trying to figure out what you sent me. I was trying to use the hours and it just wasn't working, but now it all makes sense. Thanks again!

Jim just wanted to thank you for offering me to try your 60 inch trolling bag. I bought 2 48 inch bags they work great.also thanks for all the info you offer here. I'm trying to figure out a lot on my own and have not called you yet for numbers but it's really cool how you help people. I just love the challenge to feel I did it on my own. I'm more interested in why you think the fish would be in one location over another.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatwhitehunter View Post
    Jim just wanted to thank you for offering me to try your 60 inch trolling bag. I bought 2 48 inch bags they work great.also thanks for all the info you offer here. I'm trying to figure out a lot on my own and have not called you yet for numbers but it's really cool how you help people. I just love the challenge to feel I did it on my own. I'm more interested in why you think the fish would be in one location over another.
    By no means are the fish only in one location. I am confident I could start at Maumee Bay and catch fish all the way to Lorain tomorrow. But none of us would catch fish consistently with out information from each other on location of fish and what is working to catch them. I personally only know 15 people right now if I took there phone away from them and they had no information on where to go or what to do that could go out and consistently produce large numbers of fish day after day. I love the challenge too I hope that you become 16. Just know if I can be any help please feel free to call if only to help me catch fish. I can always use the help... good luck..5
    Last edited by skipper9; 03-28-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Looking at your screen shot Jim.....Thanks for the location of the "Big Bucks" !!! Now I know where to go deer hunting too...... lol! I just wonder if I have a tree stand tall enough to stay dry.....
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Eric View Post
    Looking at your screen shot Jim.....Thanks for the location of the "Big Bucks" !!! Now I know where to go deer hunting too...... lol! I just wonder if I have a tree stand tall enough to stay dry.....
    Now that is funny... you have a pretty tall boat. I think you will be ok. If i see you anchored there i will go hunt my other spot.
    Last edited by skipper9; 03-31-2016 at 04:37 PM.

We need to get with Lowrance, Garmin, and RayMarine - they need a WALLEYE icon in their systems!
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by capt eric View Post
    we need to get with lowrance, garmin, and raymarine - they need a walleye icon in their systems!
    lol!!!!!!!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Eric View Post
    We need to get with Lowrance, Garmin, and RayMarine - they need a WALLEYE icon in their systems!
    Humminbird has a walleye icon...
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters