Help with perch rig leer arms Help with perch rig leer arms Help with perch rig leer arms Help with perch rig leer arms

Default Help with perch rig leer arms

I am attempting to make open eye perch / crappie rig arms. Does anyone have any experience in what wire bender or wire jig works best to turn the coiled end that your fishing line goes through?

i make mine also but i buy the leer arms at netcraft they come in 2 different lengths 2 1/2 and 4 inches the guys at netcraft can answer all your questions and sell the equipment you need they help me a lot but they know i buy a lot of stuff there for me and got 2 friends that own bait shops and i order for them from there. they also carry how to books and videos hope this helps

I've used their leers. I also got some from OHare Spring (4") with the open eye so I can add a spring to close. I'm trying to build 6" ones, can't find them pre-made in that length.

Look thru these adds and see if there are any in here you can use. If you are looking to stand off from main line 6" then you will need something longer than a 6" wire form. Anyhow I hope this helps.

ON EDIT: Make sure wire is heavy enough if you order from any of the EBay vendors some do not give wire diameter/size.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...forms&_sacat=0
    Last edited by wakina; 01-17-2016 at 09:31 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip