Western Basin? How To - Where TO - Places To Stay - Everything & Anything??????? Western Basin? How To - Where TO - Places To Stay - Everything & Anything??????? Western Basin? How To - Where TO - Places To Stay - Everything & Anything??????? Western Basin? How To - Where TO - Places To Stay - Everything & Anything???????

Default Western Basin? How To - Where TO - Places To Stay - Everything & Anything???????

Since I retired, have been thinking about fishing the Western Basin of Erie, especially when our season is closed March 15th thru the 1st Saturday in May.

Have never fished on that end of the pond, so I have been in the process of gathering some info as to what I listed in the title of this thread. Still not comfortable with the idea of going down there yet, without doing a bit more research. Have considered the idea of chartering a local Western Basin Captain the first time down there to help in the education process. So in the mean time - thought I would appeal to the readers of the Eastern Basin Forum who have fished that end of Erie during our closed season.
    Last edited by Lerie; 01-04-2016 at 11:24 AM. Reason: mistake

Well, troll, cast, jig. Anywhere from Huron to Toledo. Most of the jigging goes on in the reefs in the firing range ice out till late April or early May. Casting or trolling anytime. There is tons of places to stay. Marblehead and Catawba Is. is where most of the charters are out of...not all but it is centrally located to the islands. Further west, Oak harbor area there are lots of charters with a very short run to the reefs for the spring bite but things move east after the spawn. There is still fish on and around the reef complex, but a lot move east to the islands and beyond. I have a place in East Harbor so I know the area pretty well. If you like I could give you some names of charters. PM me.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Your closed season is our best fishing season on this end of the lake. Come on over!!! You will like it on this end.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters