After using for one season and admittedly a shorter season than what I had anticipated due to weather and other factors I wanted to give an at least somewhat educated opinion about this unit.

I did have one problem with this unit that I had determined correctly during the last couple of months of the season. Although the unit worked well at idle it would not read at speed, or with the kicker running. I thought it might be the mounting for the lock down bolt on the transducer. I was not sure until I pulled the boat for the season but was then able to determine that I was correct. The bolt locking apparatus is not the best designed feature I have seen and had failed allowing the transducer to kick up at speed or get lifted by the prop wash from the kicker, but is easy to fix/change for the better. The head unit itself worked flawlessly and the clarity is to me far superior to the HDS unit that I still have mounted and use on my boat so the comparison is one performed while side by side so the difference is immediately apparent.

Overall I am satisfied with this unit and would only replace it with a 10" screen size Dragonfly unit if it would become available.