Perch fishing SSP area Perch fishing SSP area Perch fishing SSP area Perch fishing SSP area

Default Perch fishing SSP area

Went out yesterday and everyone was saying not going to catch anything, water is still to stirred up. Went out in front of stoney point just shy of the state line action was slow at first then started lifting the perch rig off the bottom and letting it hit the bottom pretty good and within 40 mins starting getting a lot of small ones then the big boys came in!!! not fast and furious but some big fish 10 plus measured 2 and they were over 12 inches, one was 12 1/4 the other 12 1/2. I looked up and there were boats getting so close within 20 yds of us.

I was using combo of green emeralds and rosie reds, didn't matter which ones and there was no difference if I used perch rigs with bling or no bling. What did make a difference was banging the rigs off the bottom then leaving the line tight as the bite was very light at times especially with the bigger perch. I would just feel weight then set the hook.

I want everyone to realize that we are all out there to catch fish and there have been times (a lot of times) that I'm not catching fish and we all want to that's what we are out there for but getting that close is a bit ridiculous. Ok just finished my short rant!!!

I hope that everyone is catching fish for the most part and I hope some of this info helps out someone. If something isn't working like the usual way you fish try something different, laying the bait on the bottom, or raising it up off the bottom and just holding it there. I don't know everything and still trying to learn just trying to help others like I've been helped out.

Tight lines all

When they get that close to you they just may as well fish in your cooler. Depending on wind direction and the attention of the offending boaters those boaters could drift into you if the wind is stiff or if they are not paying attention or both, if their anchor would break free. Your comment was not a rant but just good old common sense!!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip