B Can - Beat the Blow B Can - Beat the Blow B Can - Beat the Blow B Can - Beat the Blow
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default B Can - Beat the Blow

After looking at this weeks forecast, looked like today was only shot to get out. Buddy and I made a quick run up this AM. Lucky to find Hooker had some Emeralds. Headed out of Turtle about 8 AM. Was going to war buoy, but was a bit bouncy and windy further we went, so stopped on some marks at very north west edge of pack of boats north of B can. Sat right down on a school and picked up perch steady all morning. Nothing great but decent eaters and steady bite, and just good enough not to leave. Mostly 8 inchers give or take. A few nice ones over 10 and some at 7.5. Had 55 by about 11:30 but took a bit to get the last 5 as bite quit when lake laid down flat and sky cleared and turned sunny. 14 lbs at cleaners for 2 tickets, so nothing to write home about but they'll eat darn fine the way this season has been. Beautiful day to be out and reminded me of what perch fishing is supposed to be!
    Last edited by LEfriend; 09-28-2015 at 06:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you found some and had a good day! Thought about you from the time I got up till now when I read your report. It is mentally miserable not being able to fish. I was there with you in spirit today. Stupid back problem, I will get that taken care of asap and be ready come spring.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Hope the Doc can make you good as new. It was a beautiful day to be out, although a bit bumpy for very first hour. Definitely wouldn't have been good for a back problem...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Glad you found some and had a good day! Thought about you from the time I got up till now when I read your report. It is mentally miserable not being able to fish. I was there with you in spirit today. Stupid back problem, I will get that taken care of asap and be ready come spring.
    Sorry to hear about the back issues, Wakina. Hope it gets better ASAP and you can get out for jigging and trolling for the big ones!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your back Wakina I have surgery to remove a kidney and wanted to fish until the last chance then we get the blow well good luck to you always appreciated your help/posts

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you got some good eating, and hope you get straightened out soon Wakina. Like that 1st hand info you're so free with.