Conneaut reports Conneaut reports Conneaut reports Conneaut reports
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    Why leave the area so soon? The walleye are still biting and the steelhead fun is just beginning, especially if you know how to troll the shipping channel and the breakwall.
    because I live 335 miles from Geneva and usually just make our 2 week trip in july or aug. them maybe a long week end trip in aug or early sept. I would love for erie to be close enough to fish it more but its not getting any closer, LOL. I live here in Muncie Indiana close to my sons and grandkids and wouldn't have it any other way. and it costs a small fortune for me to make the trip up there. back when I had fishing buddies that helped with gas I made several trips a year. but all the old guys that I fished with back then are dead now. so its just my oldest son and me paying the bill.

2. Default

I'll be fishing out of Conneaut Thursday through Saturday. Was going to be in Geneva but I hear there is a bike rally down that way....

I'll post my reports...

3. Default

Caught 7 walleye today. Anywhere from 68 to 74 fow. Little bit west of conneaut and north of the perch pack. Trutrip 40's and 50's with scorpion spoons. 8 color Leadcore with 600 rr...

Your location is the one I have been posting for the last 3 weeks. I'll be there again on Wednesday. It would be helpful and much appreciated if you could tell us the colors of the Scorpions and the 600 RR. Also your best speed. Thanks in advance....

5. Default

No real favorite color on spoons.... Purple Frog, Chicken Wing and Confusion (Copper).... The stick bait on 8 leadcore is called Emerald Shiner I think. Charteuse on top and white on the bottom. Leadcore took 3 of the 7 fish one being 29"....

6. Default

Oh... Forgot speed... GPS... 2.0 to 2.4 Fish hawk... 1.8 on surface

I find fish marks almost everywhere I go but again getting them to bite is another thing. The few fish I am catching between the O4N and the 06N and the 35W to the 40W. It is still Dipseys set at 2 back 150' to 180' at 2.1 mph. Shallow Long A Bombers in chartreuse and lime green still work. Spoons off the downriggers get sheephead and white bass. The charter captains are getting the fish in deep water near the Canadian border with DDRR back 150+'. I am not a fan of "boating" so I'll have to think about that trip before I launch again. Are any of you readers going out there and if so, what's happening???

Dr. Ed

We have not gone out for walleye in the past few weeks. The kids have been busy catching those great Conneaut perch. Lots of fun and make for very good dinner.
    I been following the reports posted by Captain Walt of Trophy Charters out of Ashtabula he is reporting that the fish out along the border are gone.
    This is the link to his September 6th report.
    http://www.fishlakeerie.com/trophy/m...phy/30365.html

His September 13 th report is about the fish he is getting in 50-60 fow take a look.
    http://www.fishlakeerie.com/trophy/m...phy/30366.html