Walnut Walnut Walnut Walnut
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walnut

Yes. Leaving Sunday. Suppose to be rough in morning not sure what time we will get out

Quote Originally Posted by Shedidntno View Post
    Best day Walleye ever for me. 2 of us limited. 58 to 61 feet of water - west of Walnut. Near 80.20 off elk creek.#3 dipsy at 150 with green and purple bay rats. One spot nailed 5 in 15 minutes.
    Guys, I thought those numbers sounded familiar. I went out and checked the sonar waypoints, we caught multiple limits last year at N42 07 W80 22
    20' Sea Ray

My report for Friday and Saturday, not much. One walleye each day tried everything before we got blown off the lake hopefully better tomorrow

Got one yesterday west in the same water - came back to walnut SLOW in the 3 to 5 footers. Did not go out today - came back to Harrisburg early. Trying to get back out last weekend of August - hopefully the Perch will school up by then too. Did come home with 16 fish for the week, probably taste them tomorrow.

I'm hoping to get up next weekend also I'll post how we do tomorrow we weren't marking anything out of walnut this morning we had to run to the Ohio line to find marks. That's the plan for tomorrow also

Another bust went out this morning at daybreak in 2-3 foot rollers by 10 it was 3-4 footers. Nothing but white bass and sheep. I don't know this is the absolute worst year I've had on Erie.

Yea, was a rough weekend for us too. Fished from point to west of walnut Saturday, one 7 lb walleye was all we had to show for it. Along with a long rough ride back to the bay. Started east of the point and fished back to the end of the point today with only a 17 inched to show for it. Worst outing this year for me. Also very few marks in either of the areas. Not sure where to go to next weekend.....

We were there all week and fished from walnut to ohio line, 8 eyes, ran to the ohio line, 4 eyes, ran to the trenches, 2 eyes, than hit the area of the condos, 4 eyes, than ran deep to 101 ft due north of the point sat and today, what a ruff ride but on sat we got a 36" laker, 4 steel and 4 eyes, sunday 9 eyes, not much to show for a weeks fishing, they call it fishing...., long boat rides....
    good luck to all..
    Rick
    Rick

Thanks guys for all the updates.

Today (8/9/15) we setup west of Walnut in about 60' and trolled with the wind. We used the wind to blow us to within about 1.5 miles from the Ohio line. Stated in 60 fow and finished in 42'. We managed to pull 3 in the boat, one was 14.5" and released. So two in the box with another lost at the net. Wave surged at the net and fish was gone.
    Most action we saw on the screen was about half way between Walnut and Ohio line. For about a half mile in 50 FOW fish were on the bottom. That's where we picked up our two keepers.
    Long bumpy ride back to the Nut, about 1.5 hours. Better luck next weekend.
    20' Sea Ray

Hey skinny thought I heard you on the radio, I tried calling but didn't hear back.was a real rough ride to the nut. I'll b up Friday if the weather holds up give me a shout if you're up.