Fishing with Randy and Stacy 7/11/15 Fishing with Randy and Stacy 7/11/15 Fishing with Randy and Stacy 7/11/15 Fishing with Randy and Stacy 7/11/15

Default Fishing with Randy and Stacy 7/11/15

Picked my crew up at their hotel at 5:15 am and headed to Big Bopper's for some breakfast, before launching from Mazurik's at 6:15.

I had planned on a day up in Canada, but quickly found out that my crew did not get their Canadian licenses, so I had to figure out another plan of action. I figured my best bet was to get as close to the line as possible, since there was a pack of boats there the day before when I was coming back over from Canada the day before.

There wasn't much wind...if any...and it was warm and buggy out. We set in at the red can on the north side of North Bass and my plan was to make a long stretch over towards Middle Island, and the pack of boats....but, we all know how much I like fishing in a pack of boats....lol

We had picked up our first walleye before we even had the second Off Shore board out, and it was a nice eater walleye. But, we would struggle to get more than 4 in the boat in the next 3 hours. We lost a lot of worms to the little Houdini's yesterday.

They had asked for a combo trip, so I asked them if they were ready to go perch fishing instead....they agreed. So, we headed to the first pack of boats I thought were perch'n, because I haven't been lately, and set up on some perch like marks. One sheep and one whitey in the first 20 minutes, so I said, "Let's move".

I took them over to the Gull Island Shoal area....one of my favorite spots for perch, and set up. It was a slow pick, but when a wave of perch came through, we were catching nice ones. It was mixed bag...anywhere from 8 inches to 13 inches, but the average was probably the 9-11 inch range. Stacy did not want to touch the bait or the fish, so I had to bait her hooks and take her fish off for her all morning. I missed quite a few in doing so, but that's okay.

We took them over to Bay's Edge to get cleaned and they said, "Those are the best perch we've seen so far this season", so that made my customers happy, which made me happy.

I dropped them off at their hotel and said good bye, and headed home. It was a scorcher out there, and the bugs were smooshed all over my body...a cold shower never felt so good as it did when I got home.

My next trip will be in Canada....so, stay tuned. I have to find them again...fingers crossed.

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Randy and Stacy 7/11/15-randy-burkart-stacy-7-11-15-jpg Fishing with Randy and Stacy 7/11/15-stacy-7-11-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Thanks for the report Captain