fishing canada regulations fishing canada regulations fishing canada regulations fishing canada regulations

Default fishing canada regulations

If I am fishing perch in Canada, can I bring their limit of 50 perch back to Muzurics boat launch?

No. You can only bring 30 per licensed fisherman back. I'm not positive but someone else may be able to confirm that everyone 16 and up also needs an Ohio license.

You must follow the laws of the port you are returning to. In your instance, you must follow Ohio regulations, which is 30.

Per a conversation I had with ODNR regarding this subject, I was informed that you could in fact return from Canadian waters with your legal Canadian limit (50 perch) and that you simply could not stop to fish after you cross the line into Ohio waters. You DO NOT need a valid Ohio fishing license to cross Ohio waters of Lake Erie when traveling to/from Canadian water. I advise you to follow up with ODNR. This is a transporting issue not unlike transporting by car from Canada or surrounding states, into Ohio.

I am currently on the phone with ODNR and the laws have in fact changed. I am being told to transport by water the Ohio laws apply.

Spoontang, get your check book ready... I called Sandusky dnr and only 30 fish can be brought back from Canada. If checked, you will pay the fine.