Perch Perch Perch Perch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perch

Be sure they are not using the inner firing range (danger zone 1)! It is marked by a series of smaller cans commonly called the picket fence, they are in a semi-circle until they reach the southern boundry. H Can is located on the south end of the Outer firing range, just out side the south edge of the picket fence. About 1/2 way from the shore to the SE corner of the outer firing range. Here is a link to a map of the firing range so you can see where it is located as well as the picket fence boundry of the inner firing range.

http://wbsa.us/denied/range_map.jpg
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Thanks guys, so coming from turtle creek I would just have to skirt the picket fence and then head back south to H can? I'm assuming I can't go through danger zone 1? I'm seeing some people are struggling to get shiners.... If I cant get shiners what is the next best option? I've only ever used them.
    Last edited by roby.36; 07-08-2015 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roby.36 View Post
    Thanks guys, so coming from turtle creek I would just have to skirt the picket fence and then head back south to H can? I'm assuming I can't go through danger zone 1? I'm seeing some people are struggling to get shiners.... If I cant get shiners what is the next best option? I've only ever used them.
    If they are firing you will have to go around it. They may have the National Rifle matches going on but not sure about that either. Most always there will be a boat on the NW edge of the picket fence flying a red flag if the danger zone 1 is closed, so be on the look out for that boat.

I talked to A&J Baits this afternoon and right now they only have golden shiners. Said he thought they would have some shiners maybe tomorrow but was not sure . I really don't like golden shiners but will use them if I have to. I did not call the Sunoco gas station on West Lake Shore Drive in Port Clinton, they may have them, sometimes when no one else does. Here is the number for the Sunoco store. I do not know their hours though. 419-734-9001
    Last edited by wakina; 07-08-2015 at 08:43 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

alright thank you Wakina

Drawbridge Marina should have shiners give them a gingle before you head in only 3 miles from H can. That's where I get mine they have never let me down!

Default Camp Perry 2015 Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK PEARL View Post
    Drawbridge Marina should have shiners give them a gingle before you head in only 3 miles from H can. That's where I get mine they have never let me down!
    Camp Perry has matches every day from July 5 through August 14. Pistol matched July 5 til 12th, rifle matches from July 13th til 28th and long range competition from July 28 though August 14th.
    I would think that the short range will be closed during all of these matches.
    Look for "Camp Perry Schedule 2015" on the internet.

I'm sure I won't be the only one there lol