Fishing with Karl, Dee, and Mark 6/24/15 Fishing with Karl, Dee, and Mark 6/24/15 Fishing with Karl, Dee, and Mark 6/24/15 Fishing with Karl, Dee, and Mark 6/24/15

Default Fishing with Karl, Dee, and Mark 6/24/15

I was supposed to fish with Karl, Dee, and Mark yesterday, but since I had a last minute cancellation for today, and the wind was blowing out of the NW yesterday, my crew opted to fish today instead.

I knew it was going to be a good day when my crew pulled into Big Bopper's for breakfast right ahead of me. We were to meet there at 5am, and we were both 5 minutes early! That never happens...

We enjoyed a nice leisurely breakfast, since there was no hurry to get out before dawn, and then headed over to Mazurik's. (I like to get a picture of the sunrise as we leave the docks).

Captain Kevin, a friend of mine, was launching alone this morning, so he could pick up his crew over on Kelly's Island. We waited for him to finish breakfast and helped launch him when he showed up... and, then, he tied off to the dock and backed us in the water, so we could just take off while he went and parked my truck.

We headed up to the east side of Canada. I was hoping the nets that were set two days ago, by the Canadian commercial fishing boats, were picked up and out of the area, and they were. Whew!

We ran crawler harnesses with #2 Tadpoles at 31, 35, 37, 40, 45, and 47 back at 1.5mph. Blades color didn't seem to matter. I had blades with undersides that were copper, gold, pink, and anitfreeze out, and they all took fish. We were running an area that went from 37' of water to 24' of water. It was calm enough to just turn around and go back over the same area a few times.

We had a four man limit in 4 hours this morning, with a bonus 6 catfish that took a ride in the cooler too. Dee loves catfish, and was very happy to keep them.

The guys did a great job, and by mid morning were helping to set all the lines and were even netting each other's fish! This was Mark's first time catching walleye, so it made me happy that he did it on my boat.

We dealt with a deluge of mufflehead flies that swarmed the boat, thanks to a non-existent wind early today. They made a serious mess in my Ranger, which kind of pissed me off, because I had it all sparkly clean yesterday! What can you do though? It's a bug. It doesn't care...stupid bug. (deep sigh).

I don't have a trip tomorrow, but will be back out Friday. Hopefully, my crew will have their Canadian licenses, but it's not a requirement to go fishing with me...it's totally up to them, if they want to spend the little extra and go that far. So, until I find out of they have them, I don't know where I'm headed yet...so...

Stay tuned!

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Karl, Dee, and Mark 6/24/15-6-24-15-jpg Fishing with Karl, Dee, and Mark 6/24/15-dee-karl-mark-6-24-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default east side Pelee

my guess you were fishing half way up the island east side correct?

Quote Originally Posted by limitlypps View Post
    my guess you were fishing half way up the island east side correct?
    Yes, pretty close to that.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters