Geneva as promised. Geneva as promised. Geneva as promised. Geneva as promised.

Default Geneva as promised.

Let the games begin. Hit Geneva this morning with my long time friend Al Scott and ran west until the Perry stacks lined up. Following the 42' depth line we trolled east with my Church Walleye boards pulling 40 Jet Divers with pink Stinger spoons back 32' to 54' at 1.7 mph making slow S turns along the way. We would occasionally run harnesses to no avail and the small scorpion Stingers only caught white bass and perch. The only different approach that worked was a Mixed Veggie Stinger back 45'. The pickings were slow but we ended up with 5 nice walleye. There should have been more considering the number of marks we saw all day. The last fish was taken only 1.5 miles NW of the harbor so you really don't have to run very far to find fish. The problem is getting them to bite. Hope this helps....

Thanks Doc, Nice report.

I'm currently getting the boat ready and should start hitting Walnut in the next couple weeks. I will get a few reports from a little further down the lake.
    20' Sea Ray

Yesterday, after hearing fish were being taken on inline spinners, I dug up some single Colorado blade harnesses and went to an area I was told was productive but I was not to tell where this pot of gold was so all I can say is I went deeper and farther east from where I was fishing before and increased the leads to 90' to 120' and I caught fish. I also lost 2 really nice ones just out of reach of the net.

Here is a fish story that sounds too good to be true but trust me it happened yesterday to me and I am still smiling. As most of you know, I run Church Walleye boards and as I was trolling north at 1.8 mph one of the boards took an awesome hit. So hard that the 20 lb XT Trilene line broke leaving my board floating back 100'+ and rapidly disappearing from site. I quickly put an icon marker on the location on my new Lowrance Elite 7 HDI and we proceeded to pull all the lines and do a 180. By now that board is out of site many 100's of yards to the south. Using the trail on the plotter screen I had no trouble finding the board and netting it. To my surprise, the 120' lead was still attached to the clip release on the board and as I started a hand over hand retrieve, another surprise. The fish was still hooked and with due diligence I slowly brought the walleye to my net along with my 40 Jet and lure. 8 lb. 27 in. I still don't believe it.
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 06-27-2015 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Added text

great report dr ed. i'll be up at Geneva the 11th of july for 2 weeks. hope to get more reports as my time gets closer. i'll be going out blind except for the great reports from guys like you.

is it normal to be catching fish so shallow this late in the yr?? I've been coming up the 2nd and 3rd week of july the last few yrs and have always found the fish to be in deeper water by the time we get up there.

Today was a long boat ride. 15+ miles NNE of Geneva. The top lines were 03-05. The E/W lines were the 56-58. The best lead was 123 feet with 40 Jet Divers pulling homemade single Colorado blade harnesses with bright lime green beads or purple blades with purple beads. Pink spoons caught 2 of the 9 walleye brought to the boat. 74 FOW, 72 degrees F water temp, 1.7-1.9 mph SOG.

thanks again dr ed. im planning on coming up to Geneva on the 11th for 2 weeks. we plan to start fishing on the 12th. I will be coming up pretty much blind except for reports from guys like you who are willing to share. and I need all the help I can get. my boat name is last chance on the radio on ch 68. if your up there while im there give me a shout. i'll be glad to share fishing info with you.