OVI boating crackdown scheduled for this weekend... OVI boating crackdown scheduled for this weekend... OVI boating crackdown scheduled for this weekend... OVI boating crackdown scheduled for this weekend...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

you know we've been lucky like the last 3 years every weekend was sunny and 2 foot or less, not this year i'm saving a lot of money in gas though.

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I don't like raining on anyone's' parade especially one I was intending to be present at! SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that being said I don't drink on the water so the crack down does not bother me one way or the other! I have been known to tip a few once back at the dock though.
    I try not to look too soon so I don't get depressed in the middle of the week. Heck last weekend looked like a wash until really late in the week and outside of a little chop Saturday morning got 2 beautiful days of fishing out of it.

This weekend is not looking great right now but in reality I am on call this week and probably should not be going out to the area we have been fishing anyways due to hit or miss cell phone signals. I just have a hard time not going out, especially if I am sitting on the shore and I start getting texts and emails from everybody out fishing. For now I think I will take the wait 24 hours and then check again stance for oh lets say the next 48 to 52 hours or so, worst case scenario I can get some work done on the trailer and polish off a few cubes of stones (30 pack of Keystone Lights for those who don't know me that well).

it does matter if you drive drunk or not I used to do it when I was young bought my 27 sporty when I was 26 years old in 1984. now I don't do it maybe every blue moon ill have a cold beer if its hot on the lake been years. I want to be safe for kids and passengers. have seen guys plastered driving there big boats bouncing off docks. now when I get back 2 dock they taste better 2 me and you have no worry's getting pulled over is time consuming one time took an hour they checked our drivers license for warrants through there systems 5 guys. after being tied up we just started fishing while we waited they were nice about it and just doing there job one officer even made a comment that he sure hoped it was fish blood all over the back of the boat. it was a good perch day. but if they were not there imagine the problems. bottom line they are there to protect the boaters on lake erie from unsafe conditions we need them

the law isn't going to make much money this weekend.

Gonna be a good weekend to install those electric planner reels.