Where are the fishing reports? Where are the fishing reports? Where are the fishing reports? Where are the fishing reports?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the come back.
    I hope to get out of Conneaut this week.

I would say it is caused by this very unusual weather pattern we have endured.If it calms down you will see lots of reports.Fishing will improve and the anglers will be back.

I've been hanging at the Line. Good luck getting out, we hope to go Wed. or Thurs. just have to fish in the rain.

Thanks for the post. I'm going to come up and give it a try over the 4th. Looks like 2 or 3 rain free days. Are you fishing west or east of walnut creek? Any info would be very helpful . I've been checking the usual Erie PA posts and nothing since shortly after mid June. I know the rain is a real problem and the fish must be scattered.

Sorry....I just noticed I replied to a "Central Basin" thread....my bad. Please ignore my post. lol
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Well, after a couple of days of not so great weather, I ended up fishing out of Geneva this evening. I put in around 6pm and ran north out to 65' of water and set up on an easterly troll. I was running 2 big dipseys on a 3 setting 90' back and 2 on a 1 setting 75' back, all pulling willow bladed worm harnesses. I fished until 9:30pm and only pulled one 28" walleye and 1 white bass before calling it quits for the night. There were several boats fishing around me, but I didn't see any net grabbing going on and the one boat I saw at the ramp had the same catch as I did (only mine was bigger). I will be back out in the morning to give it another go, but I may run big boards and trolling sinkers to see if the eyes like them better than the dipseys. There is quite a bit of debris floating around out there thanks to the rains, but other than that the lake conditions were very nice.

We plan on trying that area Fri morning. Hoping to launch early. I'm out of the loop and really don't know anyone who fishes that area so any info, even basic , shared would be a great help.

You are not alone. I have no idea what is going on with the walleye. I have spent 10 hours trolling deep and shallow, east and west .off Geneva the last two days without seeing one walleye come to the boat. I saw one net action today but that boat was too far away to identify a walleye. I know the big charters that usually finish before 11:00 AM are not back at the dock at 1:00 PM and no one is talking. I see the debris and I see marks on the fishfinder but only white bass are being caught. If anyone out there is having any success I'd sure like to know about it and I'm not alone.

The price per pound is going way up on walleye, 2 days worth of fuel and one 8 pound fish doesn't quite offset the cost. Today I started out straight north of Geneva in 71' of water and trolled a zig zag pattern south for a couple of hours without a single eye to be had, eventually I just trolled straight back toward the marina until I hit 58' of water and decided I had enough fun for the day. From the little bit of chatter I heard on the radio, my results appear to be same as everone else's, a couple of white bass and nothing in the cooler. From Geneva to conneaut, everything I'm hearing is the same story, worst fishing anyone can remember for the last 30 years. This is definitely the slowest start I've ever had and I, like everyone else, am hoping for an improvement along with the warmer weather. I will be back at it Saturday and Sunday and will post my results...good or bad.

Well, I put in an honest effort on Saturday and Sunday at Geneva. Saturday I covered lots of water from 73' to 62', had plenty of boats around me and the radio traffic was all about the same, a lot of unhappy fishermen with empty coolers. I finally got some numbers from a couple of boats that were catching fish on the 54 line between the 00 and the 06, so I ran in to give it a shot. I was running big boards with 3oz redneck outfitters trolling sinkers with willow blade harnesses at 1.8 to 2.2mph. As soon as I got set up I pick up a 20" walleye, I circled back over that spot 3 more times before calling it a day with only 1 fish to show for my efforts. Sunday morning, I ran to the 59 and the 03 and trolled east, rednecks and harnesses on one side, thundersticks and long A bombers on the other. I caught one on the long A, one on the thunderstick and one on the harnesses, the ones on the stick baits I returned to the lake since they were just barely legal sized and kept the 30" fish I caught on the harness. The radio was full of talk, some catching nothing, others with a few in the box and only heard one boat say they had done good and pulled 17 fish, but they were a long ways off east of the stacks in Ashtabula. Maybe a few more days of decent weather will turn things around. I may have to switch over to perch for a while and save on fuel until I hear some positive information on the walleye fishing.