Fishing with Joe, Rick, and John 5/28/15 Fishing with Joe, Rick, and John 5/28/15 Fishing with Joe, Rick, and John 5/28/15 Fishing with Joe, Rick, and John 5/28/15

Default Fishing with Joe, Rick, and John 5/28/15

I picked my crew up from the Quality Inn at 5am and headed for breakfast at Big Boppers, before heading to Mazurik's to launch by 6am. It was a 10 hour perch and walleye day combo trip, so I thought I would head down to the lighthouse to do some perch'n first. But, that lasted about 20 minutes, with all the white perch, white bass, and sheephead hitting the minnows. I said, "Let's go walleye fishing first", and we pulled the perch rods in and started setting out the crawler harnesses.

This crew needed some instruction, because they were not real familiar with the Off Shore inline planer boards and how to run them. So, after the initial intro on how to put the crawlers on the harnesses correctly, and how to use the line counter reels, and attach the planer boards, I let them do it with me looking over their shoulders giving instruction as needed.

They were a fun crew...thank goodness, because 10 hours in the boat can be a very long day even when you like someone, and twice as long if you don't!

Anyway....It's all good. After catching their three man limit in short order, right there at the Marblehead lighthouse area...(done by 9:15) we went looking for perch elsewhere. We still had my limit of walleye to chase later, if we couldn't find any perch, and they wanted to walleye fish again.

We ran up to Lucy's Point first, to a spot I had perch on last week, but they were not there. Just junk fish. Then, we went into the area between Middle Bass and North Bass, but they were not there. Then, we stopped by Sugar Island, where I marked some small "bottom fish" on the Onix, but they were not yellow perch....sigh. One last spot....over by the red can by Gibraltar Island, where there was another little boat perch'n, but we must not have been close enough to that hole, because we got zero yellows...(deeper sigh).

"Okay, let's go to Kelly's and get those last 6 walleye", I said. Everyone was in agreement, and we headed to the west side of North Bay, and set in for a westerly troll along the island, in 31' of water.

Again, it's the same program I have been running for a month. It is still working, so why change it if it's still catching fish, right?

I'm still running at 1.3mph too.

Trying to shove a 10 hour day in a short blog is not really fair, because so many fun things happened. Let's just keep it at "It was a fun day! And, I look forward to fishing with these guys again next season". I have so much to do yet, and so little time to do it.

Friday's trip is with a Father and Son, and their friend for a 6 hour walleye trip. I'll be hitting the lighthouse area again in the morning.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Joe, Rick, and John 5/28/15-joe-mccluskey_2-5-28-15-jpg Fishing with Joe, Rick, and John 5/28/15-rick-5-28-15-jpg Fishing with Joe, Rick, and John 5/28/15-john_2-5-28-15-jpg Fishing with Joe, Rick, and John 5/28/15-joe-mccluskey-5-28-15-jpg Fishing with Joe, Rick, and John 5/28/15-john-5-28-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Nice fish Juls. Isn't funny how lake Erie eaters are trophies almost every where else. Love your posts, keep up the good work.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip