what am I doing wrong what am I doing wrong what am I doing wrong what am I doing wrong

Default what am I doing wrong

I was out before 7:30 a.m. just east of the mouth of the river along with 40 to 50 other boats including four head boats was using number four hammered gold blade worm harness then tried yellow tried gold on one side and silver on the other tried Jigs tried everything only caught one walleye tried up and bottom and count in between any input appreciated
    Last edited by drift fisher; 05-24-2015 at 11:13 AM.

I would suggest hiring a charter for a couple trips per year and watch, listen and ask questions. Also braided line (no stretch) is very important for feeling the Wallete bite. Are you working the swing?

coevannacharters.com has a "Drift Fishing Tactics" page. Check it out. Captain Dave and his guys specialize in drift fishing. Nice guys as well and they will get you putting fish in the cooler.

Enjoy the lake

Also, I have been having good success with late afternoon fishing. 4 - 6 PM

Thanks drifter for the advice I did work the swing but no luck used to catch walleye all the time in 70s and 80s now that I am retired I have not kept up with currant technology will check out your suggestions thanks again

i was out in that pack of boats you are talking about. 3 hours we got 2 man limit trolling spoons.

You have to remember, we ( casters) are not covering near the water that the trollers are. I fish the far west end in 14 - 20 fow. Friday I finally started catching a few more fish than the past couple weeks. I , myself was starting to get very frustrated. I got 5 on friday, 5 on saturday + 3 throwbacks, and sunday I got 3 very nice eyes. I picked up a few monster yellows as a bonus.

My fish graph is solid fish from 3-7 ft down but I consider them to be white junkfish. I fish the bottom 98% of the time. I throw parrish peas and erie dearies. Lately it seems gold is the ticket. I also drag a homemade spinner harness with a half ounce egg sinker along with my drift or a 1 oz bottom bouncer depending on drift speed. Unlike the old days when I would take long pulls and reel in slack, the last couple years I have been bouncing and jigging and twitching my lures along the bottom. Its almost like I am working a tube jig for bass.

Don't give up. Lots of lure changes, technique changes, and many many casts. Youll start picking them up. Theres not much to speak about latest technology of drift fishin, stillbpretty much old school walleye fishin. Imo the best way to catch a walleye. I was real happy with 13 eyes over 3 long days on the lake.

I drag the harness with a 10 ft rod so even if I'm gettin sheep or cats it still makes for a great fight.
    These harnesses put a few in the cooler draggin bottom. Keep on castin.
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Thanks so much I will keep trying really appreciate the help

I fished same area as it was just out front my marina did well white blades with gold beads fish were spotty there try short moves to put you on a different drift line our depth if you pick a couple up move back up and hit that area again

Okay Thanks give it a try