5/23 Report 5/23 Report 5/23 Report 5/23 Report

Thread: 5/23 Report

Default 5/23 Report

We launched out of Mazurik this morning around 6:30 and headed to the area around Starve Island. No surprise there was a huge pack out there but we set up and trolled anyways. We started out with spoons out on one side of the boat and harnesses on the other. We picked up one fish around 7:30 on a Nuclear Green Stinger 15 back on a TT40 then didn't get anything for another hour or so. I was running the wrong program apparently so thanks to some advice from Skipper9 I let out some more line and switched over to harnesses. We found a nice little spot where we picked up 5 more nice walleye, no fish Ohios but still a solid average of 22-25" fish.

It was my 7 year old son's first trip out on Erie and he got a little discouraged when we lost a nice walleye the first time I handed him the rod. We kept trying to get him to pull in some of the other fish but he was content to enjoy the absolutely gorgeous day on the lake. The last 5 came on hammered gold Colorado blade harnesses 45 back on the TT40 at 1.8-2.1 MPH. We'll be back at it again tomorrow, hopefully the program will remain the same and we can boat a few more fish. It doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate Monday but we'll see what the forecast looks like and decide on that later.

Thanks again to Captain Jim for the speed and lead recommendations, hopefully tomorrow we can get back to pulling limits. I'm not used to struggling this much to catch fish. Everyone have a safe and happy holiday weekend and tight lines!

Adam

Thanks for the report