Anyone go out of turtle creek after walleye? Anyone go out of turtle creek after walleye? Anyone go out of turtle creek after walleye? Anyone go out of turtle creek after walleye?

Default Anyone go out of turtle creek after walleye?

I am back ! Been sick and haven't been on the lake for 1 1/2 yrs. The doctor's gave me the ok as long as I don't push myself to much. Might be able to go this weekend. I dock at Fenwicks just want to know where are the closest walleye out of turtle creek. Not seeing many posts on this end of the lake. I know I am getting a late start for that area of the lake. But it is what it is. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Area around west sister was pretty hot today. I was trolling east away from the island and hammered them. Dhj12. Bottom bouncers did OK also, still haven't figured out how to cast harnesses with success.

Blog Entries

I took 2 man limits on Wednesday around cone reef. DHJ12 firetiger and clown at 50 back on 30 trutrip jet divers. be launching about nine am from fenwicks in the morning. Question for endangered: how far from island and what depth and colors? were you using jet divers? Give us the low down please. Thanks and good fishing.

Never heard of anyone running cranks behind divers. Maybe snap weights, just can't see any benefit running the cranks behind them. I'd be interested to know what length leader you're running. That's gotta be some serious pull on the boards with two divers going.

Blog Entries

Sorry everyone. My Bad. No jets with DHJ12. We were running stingers with jets couldn't get them to go so we switched to dhj12. Other info correct. Again sorry.

About a mile east of the island running east to west. From 18ft to 24 ft of water. Clown, glass clown, purple glass perch, some hot pink one that I don't know the name, all taking fish. 20-30 ft back so they were about 8-10 ft down. The regular clowns were working the best until moby dicks cousin decided he was hungry and broke my line 4 times! Took my 3 favorite husky jerks and a bottom bouncer. Lost 3 hogs at the boat like that and another pulled the board under and snapped my line before I even had a chance to get up. Sat for an hour restringing all my poles. I can't be certain on speed because I think my vintage fish finder lies but it would jump anywhere from 1.5 - 2.2. Bottom bouncers caught fish while I was stopped and restringing my other poles poles, 2 nice eyes, 2 900 lb sheepshead, and some really good size white bass. Sorry so late, I passed out on my couch last night when I got home and slept for 14 hours......

Give me a call a day or two before you want to fish. Great action not that far from shore and plenty of fish to go after both methods of fishing.
    The bite is really good so dont wait too long or you could get into the mayfly time.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Are you willing to share info with people from the site that try to contact you? Im asking because i fish solo and getting a starting point is key. I fish out of fenwick

Quote Originally Posted by towac78 View Post
    Are you willing to share info with people from the site that try to contact you? Im asking because i fish solo and getting a starting point is key. I fish out of fenwick
    Towac, you need a fishing buddy to help you out I would happily oblige. Trying to run boards by yourself can be a real pain in the ***. I know this from trying to run boards by myself last few times out....