Which marina Meinke East and Turtle Point ....best reports Which marina Meinke East and Turtle Point ....best reports Which marina Meinke East and Turtle Point ....best reports Which marina Meinke East and Turtle Point ....best reports

Default Which marina Meinke East and Turtle Point ....best reports

new to the forum, thanks for all the great info posted!

Any recommendation on a marina for the best year round fishing. I am looking at Turtle point and Meinke East, I have a 19ft deepv and would like to keep it close to me and the action if that is possible. I live west of Toledo.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

meinke east [wards canal] has just been dredged people fishing just straight out down to crane creek to intake talked to a guy at the pier who had fished the day before the blow had 2 man limit trolling harnesses. last year we caught fish in area all year long even jig bite is close

Look at Magee East, after 25 years at Meinke I decided to move my boat last year, the fishing is better- cheaper-they have a store- Fish Clean station - short ride to the lake- will use much less gas and time as the fishing is closer and better- only 4 more miles by car from Toledo . Do what I did last year take some time
    go to each Marina Meinke to Wild Wings talk to people in them see what they have to offer and the pricing - I found that Magee East and there new owners are really doing a great job and that was the best choice for me...

I second Magee's East been there for awhile and watching the improvements sure changed things.. mageeeastmarina.com ..
    Check out there web site for current events also.

Gene

If you're looking to stay in the Oak Harbor area, I can't tell you much about the other marinas, but I can also vouch for Magee East. It's not going to knock your socks off when it comes to aesthetics, but I can say that the bait shop is well-stocked, the cleaning house is great and no freezers to cram your scraps in (they compost it I think) and I can't say enough about the people that run the place. It's not the closest marina on Turtle Creek, but there's gas on the way out, it's about 5-8 minute ride out and we never felt like we were in water that was too shallow.

Good luck and check it out. These guys aren't kidding when they say the prices are fantastic.

Thanks everyone. I cant believe the support for magee's ill have to stop in and check it out.