? Far West Report ? ? Far West Report ? ? Far West Report ? ? Far West Report ?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Caught 6 Thursday evening drifting MI/OH line between turtle and the lighthouse 13-16 fow. Fish scattered throughout the area. Gold blades best. All fish tight to the bottom. Largest 28", rest 18"-22".

We could only pick up 2 on Saturday but stony point was not the place to be. Dispite all the other boats that were there with us. Got one report from some guys coming in that did pretty well. They were out from the 3 tall stacks, south of Sterling. I think this is edison. of course I ignored that report Saturday. But we did end up that way Sunday and did quite well. The lake was flat, sun was bright, no cloud cover. We started with trolling bouncers and spinners. My pier savy friend got antsy, sick of catching white bass and sheep head, and put on a little cleo to cast. I rolled my eyes at his inexperience and wouldnt you know he caught the first walleye of the day, on a stupid, glow in the dark, salmon spoon. I decided to try some offshore boards with stick baits and that did great for a few hours. Deep husky jerks and fire tiger hotntots. Twice I had the lure out, line in my had working on attaching the board and hooked up. The stick bait bight slowed, clouds rolled in, and waves picked up. So we switched back to bouncers and spinners. Got our 3 man limit. stayed close to 1.5mph all day. 17-18 fow, we did get into 15 a couple times. But wow do I love lake Erie. Such a blast. The boat ran flawlessly, and even the seagulls ate well behind us, lots of sheep. Will probably go out of bowls next time, less distance to run in the boat. I will attach pictures tomorrow.

we went out of sterling sat and sun. sat. went out to 24 fow in front of sterling and got nothing. we kept tring different spots that we catch fish and nothing. tried by fermi too. 5 hours out with zero fish. not even a hit. sunday went out fished in front of edison and got nothing. so i headed south towards the dumping grounds. bingo found the fish northwest of the dumping grounds 22-24 fow. 1.2-1.3mph 1.5 oz inline weights harnesses color did not matter. 22-24 feet behind the boards. 3 man limit in 4.5 hours. all fish were in the 18-22 inch range. lots of white bass and a few sheep. went thru 11 dozen crawlers. bad saturday but great sunday.

so now i am wondering where to go to in the morning? are they back in the bay? heading out from ssp. any idea if the fish are still at the dumping grounds or have they moved again? we have had some weather this week so i am wondering what to do?

any help would be great. and if we find them i will post it.

we went out of sterling and listened to the guy at jeffs bait. went to 14-15 fow . got nothing. went in front of edision and got a few white bass. decided to try by the dumping grounds in 22-24fow. got 7 eyes in the first 45 minutes then it shut down. crawlers 22-25 feet behind inlines at 1.2-1.4mph. caught nothing but white bass after that. went in at 130 pm with 7 eyes. did not get our limit but was a great day.

tried to get back on the walleye but i could not figure it out. raised them lowered them went faster and slower. even tried going different directions. something changed?????? do not know . any help or ideas???

the only thing that i noticed is that when we started to get fish everyone around started trolling rite at us. it turn into a game of dodge-em. why do people always crowd the guy that is catching the fish. there is fish everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we started with nobody around us for 3/4 mile. then bam they are there.

sorry for the rants but it makes me mad.

? Far West Report ?-1432799472166_img_20150524_202313_697-jpg? Far West Report ?-1432799555637_img_20150524_202352_593-jpg? Far West Report ?-1432799638834_img_20150524_204029_738-jpg? Far West Report ?-1432799651497_img_20150524_204014_732-jpg? Far West Report ?-1432799913988_img_20150524_181630_450-jpg

We saved a hand full of the whites just to try them out on the dinner plate. But I warned the guys, if we need the cooler space, (which we almost did) then those whites are going back in the drink. LOL
    Are there any eyes left in michigan water? or have they moved into ohio?
    Thanks

I heard that there is fish by the line south of Edison. going out in the am. will report back.

nice bunch of fish gabe. where did you get them? were you pulling harnesses? did you get them today?
    thanks for the info

I am more interested in where you got the perch?

This was a couple weeks ago now, trip. I was lazy at uploading the pictures. (Busy at work) We actually got the perch off from stony point. We drifted by two old timers in a little boat that was anchored, and hooked a perch. As we drifted past them maybe 40 yards, we caught another perch. And since the walleye were not really at stony point, we decided to pull lines and drift back through that school that the old timers were ancored over. Couldnt pick up another perch but those guys sayed they got a decent mess of them. They ended up pulling up their anchor as we drifted by the second time. I did also watch them pull up a long, tiny rope with a glass jar of minnows. Ive heard about this, but never witnessed it before. Kinda thought it was a wives tale, to draw the perch in, or keep the school around?

But to answer your walleye question. We trolled deep diver crank baits while the lake was really flat, took a few this way. And later in the day the waves picked up and the clouds rolled in. We got sprinkled on a little. But with the lake getting bigger and us trolling so slow, we ended up going back to drifting bouncers and spinners and that bite was on untill we got our limit. we were south of edison, probably closer to bowls then sterling. 18 FOW. I havnt learned the cans yet.