? Far West Report ? ? Far West Report ? ? Far West Report ? ? Far West Report ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default ? Far West Report ?

Hi Guys and Gals,
    Does anyone have a fishing report for the far west end? Anything recent? Looking at Brest bay, bowls harbor, or Luna Pier. Sounds like limits are being taken in ohio waters around the islands, which is very tempting. If worse comes to worse we will head that way. But I'm trying to avoid the extra 2 hours on the road, there and back. And also the extra cash for ohio licenses. Any info is appreciated.
    Thanks

I've been drifting and casting all over by consumers, luna pier, turtle island, outer light and not having much to report on the positive side. Last year at this time I was catching quite a few. I don't know what my problem is this year. They gotta be in the area still. Not sure how they are doing trolling and really haven't seen all that many people fishing the area. I am getting pretty discouraged. Thinking about trying out by the intake friday. Good luck
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

I've been drifting and casting all over by consumers, luna pier, turtle island, outer light and not having much to report on the positive side. Last year at this time I was catching quite a few. I don't know what my problem is this year. They gotta be in the area still. Not sure how they are doing trolling and really haven't seen all that many people fishing the area. I am getting pretty discouraged. Thinking about trying out by the intake friday. Good luck

150 Mercury 4 stroke

Oops! Don't know how I did that. Sorry

150 Mercury 4 stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Hi Guys and Gals,
    Does anyone have a fishing report for the far west end? Anything recent? Looking at Brest bay, bowls harbor, or Luna Pier. Sounds like limits are being taken in ohio waters around the islands, which is very tempting. If worse comes to worse we will head that way. But I'm trying to avoid the extra 2 hours on the road, there and back. And also the extra cash for ohio licenses. Any info is appreciated.
    Thanks
    hi
    We have been fishing in brest bay for the past week and getting some eyes and a lot of white bass. got 9 last Saturday and 5 on Tuesday. 15-18 foot of water north of sterling state. 1.2-1.5 with harnesses and 12-16 foot behind the boards. going out in the AM to try it again.

TAKE LOTS OF CRAWLERS

Thanks Guys for the input, Im bringing some guys down for the weekend. Dont think either of them have been on big water before. Should be fun. Probably stay right in or around brest bay. How did you two end up, MasterKraft, and Hooker Red?
    Tight lines to all on this holiday weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Thanks Guys for the input, Im bringing some guys down for the weekend. Dont think either of them have been on big water before. Should be fun. Probably stay right in or around brest bay. How did you two end up, MasterKraft, and Hooker Red?
    Tight lines to all on this holiday weekend!
    i went out thursday and got 3 and a bunch of whites. not like it was earlier in the week. never found a bunch of fish.going out in the morning and going to try out deeper( 22-24) since they were not biting in shallower (16-22). i heard good reports out there.

Where is the deeper water you are going to?

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye master View Post
    Where is the deeper water you are going to?
    further out in the lake between brest bay and the Edison plant. I am sure that this weekend there will by a ton of boats out there. look for the packs of boats and there will be fish ( maybe )there. I will probably start out in front of Edison and head north. I will have my radio on 68 if you want give me a shout.

good luck

I got 5 today. They were small but all legal to eat. I also got a bonus 13 in yellow. Fished about halfway between turtle island and toledo beach. 14.5 - 15.5 seemed to be where I got them. Gold, gold, gold. Parrish peas and homemade weapon style harnesses. Did I mention they liked gold today. Took all day but still better than I've been doing. Stayed close to bottom. Was pretty rough out there for my ranger but it was a good day.

150 Mercury 4 stroke