Fishing with Jim and Renee McEwen 4/18/15 Fishing with Jim and Renee McEwen 4/18/15 Fishing with Jim and Renee McEwen 4/18/15 Fishing with Jim and Renee McEwen 4/18/15

Default Fishing with Jim and Renee McEwen 4/18/15

Sorry this is a day late, but yesterday was a very long day, and I had to get my grass cut before the rain comes today, so there wasn't any time left in the day to write the blog.

But, now that I have a hot cup of coffee, and had a good night's sleep, I can tell you all about it.

Let me preface this by saying it's a two part blog. I ran two trips yesterday, because the forecast for today (Sunday) was supposed to be crappy. So, since my Saturday and Sunday trips were both scheduled 4 hour trips, and both are friends with each other, they opted to do both their trips yesterday, so I get a day off today, and get to hit Cabelas with a friend. I need some new hooks for my Perfect 10's. Those big walleye are wreaking havoc on them. I don't think I can bend them back into shape much longer. lol

The morning started by me driving over to the hotel where my crew from the previous two days were staying. Even though they were not fishing with me today, they had asked if I could swing by, so they could follow me to Mazurik's.
    As usual I was early. But, this time I was early, because I wanted to stop and show them Hi Way Bait's store. They picked up a few more cranks there and we were on our way to the launch. I showed them where we were fishing yesterday on his Humminbird, and told him that's where I was going to start. With our "good lucks" said, they launched.

My crew of Renee and Jim McEwen pulled up and jumped out of a very cool looking new Jeep, and were ready to fish...we hit the water at 6:30am.

The morning was gorgeous! No wind, no fog, warm temps, and it was going to be sunny...woot! woot! Absolutely my favorite kind of day...

We started on the NW corner of Kelly's, and were the first boat in line for the trolling pass. My crew from yesterday set up behind me by about a 1/2 mile. The water had cleaned up from the day before, and we weren't marking anything on the Onix, but somebody forgot to tell the fish that that means they're not supposed to be biting!

In our first pass, we caught a single, and three doubles! We had 7 walleye by the time I turned the boat around to make another pass over them. After another double we hit a triple and we were done. We had our limit of 12 fish in the first hour and a half.

Hey! Guess what program I was using....lol You guessed it...same thing I've been pulling for two weeks now. Smithwick Perfect 10's run 30/30 with the 1oz snap weights. Same colors too....Lemon Lime Crush, Halloween, Barbie, and a new one that I don't know the name of...I picked it up in the morning at Hi Way Bait. It was one of Dwight's custom colors, and I didn't ask the color. It was pink and chartreuse.
    The speed was 1.5 going from west to east and 1.3 going from east to west.

Renee called their freind, Ken, and his family, that would be going out next. They were still driving in from PA, and would be at the dock around 9:15 or 9:30, so we had an hour to get in and get the fish transferred from the boat to their coolers. So, we took a nice leisurely ride back to the launch, and took care of the fish, and by that time Ken and his family were just pulling in.

They said their hello's, and told them how much fun they had this morning, and wished them luck. My new crew jumped in the boat, and we made our introductions........to be cont'd

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Jim and Renee McEwen 4/18/15-renee-mcewean-4-18-15-jpg Fishing with Jim and Renee McEwen 4/18/15-jim-mcewen-4-18-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters