Thermacell Thermacell Thermacell Thermacell

Thread: Thermacell

Default Thermacell

I am looking for opinions on keeping the hand held Thermacell on the boat to repel some of the bugs that seem to accumulate on my boat during a fishing trip. Most I seem to be able to handle most but others cannot. Deep Woods Off has been my mainstay for most but almost every year there seems to be some bugs that are determined to pester the hell out of everyone. I am getting an ITCHY feeling that bugs will be prevalent later this season and I really don't want another gadget aboard that doesn't work except on my wallet.

Gene

Remember that all of the bugs typically found on the lake on summer days are in the last few hours of their life, their life cycle is coming to a close. Those little devils that get into your eyes,nose and ears could care less that you are trying to keep them out of you boat and life. How can you make something more miserable that is already dieing? The exception would be what looks like a common stable fly which are those biting little you know whats that every body hates. Have heard reports that the Thermocell works on those biting flies. I do another approach, I spray my boat with home defense 3 or 4 times a year, once they land on a surface that has been sprayed they are not long for this world, they don't bother me as much as they used to.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Thanks Wakina. I use to fog the whole compartment the nite before with by lifting a snap or two and used my lp gas fogger and it worked but with bringing some kids aboard I began worrying residue being transferred to there hands then everything else. Your suggestion sounds good and only doing it 3 or 4 times a season sounds real good.

Gene