Big Boards vs Inline Planer Boards Big Boards vs Inline Planer Boards Big Boards vs Inline Planer Boards Big Boards vs Inline Planer Boards
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Church boards will pull more wt., they will handle the Tru-Trip 40 deep diver without any problems. they have only one clamp/release to mess with if not using a tattle tail flag system. The Walleye Boards are good boards and were the first boards that I bought. I then changed over to the Church Tackle TX-22 boards. The TX-22 will set upright in the water at rest making them more likely to be seen if you should happen to lose one which is highly unlikely, they can also be set to run on either side of the boat as they are multi directional. The walleye boards and the TX-22 boards are what I consider equally capable of handling heavier wts.

I have no experience with the Offshore Boards so cannot relate to them in an accurate and meaningful way. I will say that there are those who claim they will handle the tru-trip 40s and there is also those who say that they won't. It is only my opinion that they will probably handle the TT-40 but not as well as the Church variety does. I have several years of experience using the church tackle boards and feel confident that if you try them you would like them. Remember as with all new things there will be a learning curve involved no matter which boards you finally decide on.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Thanks to everyone for the great responses. There was a lot of valuable input provided. I think I'm going to go with the big board system. I realize it's going to require a little more equipment to get started, but seems easier to operate once everything is all setup. Primarily I don't like the idea of removing a planer while landing a fish. It's possible that on certain occasions I might only have one other person in the boat. This would make driving the boat and landing a fish rather difficult. I would like to get some more opinions from the guys who run big boards, on what divers they prefer. I just picked up some 40 Tru-Trips today. I'm curious how hard these will pull. I'm hoping they won't pull too hard for the rubber band and clip attached to the big board line. I've also got several Dipsy's that I've used without boards the last couple of years. They are size 0. Will these pull too hard for the big board setup?

Thanks again for your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiga-Byte View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the great responses. There was a lot of valuable input provided. I think I'm going to go with the big board system. I realize it's going to require a little more equipment to get started, but seems easier to operate once everything is all setup. Primarily I don't like the idea of removing a planer while landing a fish. It's possible that on certain occasions I might only have one other person in the boat. This would make driving the boat and landing a fish rather difficult. I would like to get some more opinions from the guys who run big boards, on what divers they prefer. I just picked up some 40 Tru-Trips today. I'm curious how hard these will pull. I'm hoping they won't pull too hard for the rubber band and clip attached to the big board line. I've also got several Dipsy's that I've used without boards the last couple of years. They are size 0. Will these pull too hard for the big board setup?
    Thanks again for your responses.
    Jet 40's will work extremely well. Spring use shallow diving crankbaits behind the jets, late spring use spoons behind the jets. If your going to use dipsy's, run those on the opposite side of the boat away from the big board.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

I have both on my boat (23' Parker) I use big boards all the time, I have electric setup so retrieving is not a problem. I like big boards because ease of use,nothing to remove when you have a fish up to the boat. I know a low gunnel boat inlines are preferred method. I have Offshore never used others, I know that running 3+ rods on a side b/boards are less work. This is just my thought and not a argument for b/boards.