Onboard Lunch Onboard Lunch Onboard Lunch Onboard Lunch

Thread: Onboard Lunch

Default Onboard Lunch

I have always carried a lunch be it fishing or hunting and learned overtime to bring extras just incase it turns into a longer day than intended, but more than likely someone thought they would be ok and usually they were not. So I carry more than needed to share. My hospital crew is no exception for sure, hell it's almost expected and I don't mind, but when lunch time comes around and I eat and feed my little pal (penny my beagle) I see drooping eyes and drooling mouths from those around me I get uneasy so I share. I do mix it up with smoked meats, cheese, and crackers or sandwiches, so on and so forth. I just need some SUGGESTIONS to mix it up more. Please share.

Last summers creation was a hit but made it randomly as to not get old so to speak:

Large diameter PITA bread cut in half (those smallish ones are a bit small to stuff) open to fill
    Filling : Thinly sliced pastrami (I used my own) rinsed kraut, salt and peppered drained a bit
    and sliced swiss cheese
    PITA : Open the PITA to form the usual pockets and spread your favorite Thousand Island or
    Russian Dressing and gently fill
    Toast : Toast the filled PITA's in a George Forman or in a dry skillet until toasted on the outside
    and cheese start to melt. Chill in refrigerator place in sandwich bags and pack in your
    cooler.

May not sound good but it is! Before I start please be advised that this does not work well with ketchup.

Get your favorite deli meat sliced however you like it, hoagie buns fresher is better. Prepare the spread by adding 1 table spoon of mayo and if you like it 1 tea spoon of horseradish sauce into a food processor/blender. Add 1 hard boiled egg for each tbl spoon of mayo, or 1 boiled egg to each combination of mayo and horseradish sauce. Blend this together until smooth then spread the sauce on the bun add your deli meat plus lettuce and tomato if that pleases you, button it up and enjoy! Makes for a really tasty sandwich and is filling as well.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Thanks Wakina, sounds great especially with roast beef for sure.....

Quote Originally Posted by BtweenShots View Post
    Thanks Wakina, sounds great especially with roast beef for sure.....
    More horseradish with the beef and a touch of garlic powder!!!!! By the way that PITA sandwich sounds good also definitely going to give it a try, maybe even combine the 2 and make a hybrid out of it.
    Last edited by wakina; 03-18-2015 at 09:47 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip