Suggestions on bottom paint Suggestions on bottom paint Suggestions on bottom paint Suggestions on bottom paint

Default Suggestions on bottom paint

Hi guys hope you had a great ice season but its time to get the boat ready. Does anybody have any suggestions on a bottom paint for my sportcraft 205. I had the somebody do it 2 years ago but didn't seem to last. Should this be done yearly and does the bottom need stripped completely or just roughed up a little. I know they didn't strip it in fact they did it outside in December.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Matt

If you keep the boat in the water it should have a epoxy barrier coating applied before bottom paint is applied. If not you stand a good chance of getting blisters on your bottom. My boat is wet slipped and I had 5 coats of epoxy barrier coat applied and then 2 2 coats of VC Offshore bottom paint. I just power wash the slime off at the water line in the fall and put it away till spring. In the spring I roll on a thin coat at the water line and it is ready to go. If it already is barrier coated and you need to apply bottom paint just power wash let it dry then pa it it up. The water line takes the most abuse and wears down the most. Apply a coat at the water line and touch up the bottom every year. No need to do the whole bottom every year.
    Last edited by mkalink; 03-13-2015 at 04:33 PM.

I had Bass Haven Marina (Marblehead) do mine 3 years ago and its still holding strong. Price was good (around 300). If your looking for a place to get it done. I know there are many places that do the work.
    The slaying is almost near.

Thanks for the info guys I have a couple calls out for quotes to have it done since I don't have the stands to set it on to do it myself. I'm rebuilding the carb now so I still have some work do before opening it up.