how's the ice how's the ice how's the ice how's the ice

Thread: how's the ice

Default how's the ice

I'm from Minnesota and want to come out next Monday wondering if I can bring my 6 1/2 x13 foot wheel House out I've had it on 7 inches of ice with the wheeler and will I be able to get it on the lake or is there to much snow and would I be able to Leave my truck on the axes over night if I stay in the house overnight

Ice is great, but there is a few feet of packed and frozen snow on top. Travel has been easy but I would have to think by Sun with the warmer temps it's going to be tough just getting a quad out there.

I dont recommend the wheel house. And i have little experience on Erie, more on lotw.

Pretty slushy at the end if day

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Walked today (Saturday) from Catawba State Park to Miller Ferry dock at South Bass Island to Catawba Point / Miller Ferry dock. Good ice all the way, fisherman just a mile and a half or so out of Catawba State park measured around 19" of ice. It did get a little slushy in the late afternoon, soft snow and slushy spots. I image much of that will refreeze tonight, but with barely under freezing temps tonight and highs again Sunday in the mid to upper 30's there will probably be lots of slushy spots by afternoon.
    Fisherman told me that after the southwest wind came up they heard a big low bang and the ice shuttered. A small subversion crack happened about halfway between Catawba Point and South Bass. No open water, the crack ridge is only about 6-18 inches high and appeared stable. Didn't look like the lower ice sheet submerged very far.
    Won't be walking that far again - it almost completely wore me out! Didn't plan it that way, one thing lead to another...
    Last edited by West Basin; 03-07-2015 at 11:43 PM. Reason: make correction