3-2 & 3-3 Report 3-2 & 3-3 Report 3-2 & 3-3 Report 3-2 & 3-3 Report

Default 3-2 & 3-3 Report

Went out of Crane Mon. Got late start but set up between A & B can by 10:30. Didn't catch or mark anything. Made a move SW of West Sister and it was on. There were maybe a dozen guys in the area and everyone was catching fish. We got there about 12:30 and caught fish after fish. Lure didn't seem to matter. We were using Jigging Raps blue & chrome and most of the guys around us were using pimples. Fish hit hard and fought hard. Fish came through in big waves of small fish and then huge fish. Caught just about every size from 15"s to over 12 lbs. Packed up at 5 pm and fish were still biting. GREAT day on the ice. It was fun looking around and seeing multiple guys hooked up at the same time.

Headed back to same spot Tues morning. Marked a lot of fish, but most weren't biting. Still caught limits, but not as aggressive as Mon. Lost a lot of fish and a lot of the ones we landed were on the end hook of our Raps and barely hooked in the front of the mouth. Left by 2 pm when sleet was starting to turn to rain.

Travel on quad both days was easy. No major problems. Few shove areas have very deep snow in them, but it was all frozen solid. Not sure what the rain did after we left, but cold temps on Thurs should help. Only saw one crack opened about 4-5"s Tues morning, but it was closed that afternoon when we went back in.

I am headed back Fri and Sat if anyone wants to share info. I believe it will be my last trip if weatherman is right. 10 day forecast is in the 40's after Sat. It could get a little messy Sat evening with temps in upper 30's. Ice is going to be around awhile. We were sitting on at least 18"s of clear ice, but it's going to be a mess when the well over a foot of frozen crust on top starts to soften.

Tried to attach a pic of over 12 lb I caught, but not sure I am doing it right now that they have made changes. Also caught to very fat jumbo perch on #5 Raps. Mike 614-208-7113
    Attached Images Attached Images 3-2 & 3-3 Report-imag0140-jpg 

Thanks for the report eyehunter. I have a group of 4 coming back for Fri. afternoon and Saturday morning. Planning on going out of Catawba state park. Anyone have any reports from F can area? Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

My dad and i will be up Saturday and maybe sunday.... any help would be great thanks eyehunter

Quote Originally Posted by EYEHUNTER View Post
    Went out of Crane Mon. Got late start but set up between A & B can by 10:30. Didn't catch or mark anything. Made a move SW of West Sister and it was on. There were maybe a dozen guys in the area and everyone was catching fish. We got there about 12:30 and caught fish after fish. Lure didn't seem to matter. We were using Jigging Raps blue & chrome and most of the guys around us were using pimples. Fish hit hard and fought hard. Fish came through in big waves of small fish and then huge fish. Caught just about every size from 15"s to over 12 lbs. Packed up at 5 pm and fish were still biting. GREAT day on the ice. It was fun looking around and seeing multiple guys hooked up at the same time.

Headed back to same spot Tues morning. Marked a lot of fish, but most weren't biting. Still caught limits, but not as aggressive as Mon. Lost a lot of fish and a lot of the ones we landed were on the end hook of our Raps and barely hooked in the front of the mouth. Left by 2 pm when sleet was starting to turn to rain.

Travel on quad both days was easy. No major problems. Few shove areas have very deep snow in them, but it was all frozen solid. Not sure what the rain did after we left, but cold temps on Thurs should help. Only saw one crack opened about 4-5"s Tues morning, but it was closed that afternoon when we went back in.

I am headed back Fri and Sat if anyone wants to share info. I believe it will be my last trip if weatherman is right. 10 day forecast is in the 40's after Sat. It could get a little messy Sat evening with temps in upper 30's. Ice is going to be around awhile. We were sitting on at least 18"s of clear ice, but it's going to be a mess when the well over a foot of frozen crust on top starts to soften.

Tried to attach a pic of over 12 lb I caught, but not sure I am doing it right now that they have made changes. Also caught to very fat jumbo perch on #5 Raps. Mike 614-208-7113
    Nice report sounds like you had a blast. I'm heading up today should get there around 11am hopefully them eyes are still in there!

Nice job Eyehunter!!!! Any coordinates you can share where them biters have been this week????

Guys I will be back out late morning Fri and all day Sat. It's never a good idea to post coordinates. If I did there would be 100 shanties there in an hour and you wouldn't catch them anyway. Having said that I am always willing to share info. If you are out Fri or Sat and can't find them text me and if I'm on them I will be more than happy to tell u where I'm at. I doubt the fish will still be right there, but I will start there and move as needed to find them. Good luck. 614-208-7113 Mike texting works better as I can usually get them, but not always calls.

Quote Originally Posted by EYEHUNTER View Post
    Guys I will be back out late morning Fri and all day Sat. It's never a good idea to post coordinates. If I did there would be 100 shanties there in an hour and you wouldn't catch them anyway. Having said that I am always willing to share info. If you are out Fri or Sat and can't find them text me and if I'm on them I will be more than happy to tell u where I'm at. I doubt the fish will still be right there, but I will start there and move as needed to find them. Good luck. 614-208-7113 Mike texting works better as I can usually get them, but not always calls.
    Thxs Eyehunter,,,,will be in contact Saturday am to see how your doing.....Deaa69 - 2489211229

Thanks for the report, I haven't been out in a few years. Buddy & I are going out Fri & Sat. Going out of crane toward A can with my side by side, hope ice is good. If you don't mind may text for info?