Father Daughter... Father Daughter... Father Daughter... Father Daughter...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Man that reminds me of when I took my daughter fishing for the first time when she was about 6 or 7.

I can still hear her squealling and yelling when she caught her first fish, about a 10" bass.

You should have seen the look on her face when I told her we had to throw it back because it was under size!!

Enjoy it now, my daughters 23 now, still likes to fish, but the time flies!

That's awesome!! Wish my daughter would fish but all she wants to do is drive the boat... and she's 4. Makes for an interesting trip back to port. Enjoy every minute man. That's what it's all about. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries

Here is my Grand Daughter catching her first bass. She was thrilled but Grandpa thrilled even more. Pass it on

http://youtu.be/75YPJhlSfH0

That's Awesome Rick! She was pretty excited...

Blog Entries

Yes, Kaili, one of my four granddaughters is 7 years old. This was on Father's day a year ago. Kaili said to me and my son that we should come back here every year on Father's Day. Then she said without hesitation, "Let's make this a tradition" Coming from a 6 year old? Pretty cool. Seeing kids light up when catching fish never gets old.

I remember my daughters first fishing trip for perch we got out in 2-3 ft waves started catching perch right away after she caught around a dozen she said daddy I don't feel good im going to lay down half hour later I here daddy im sorry for what baby she said I puked all over the cabin I asked you want to go home she said no I want to fish had her big brother with me he as 22 she was 7 or 8 he got the clean the cabin job lol as we continued to fish she was happy to play with the minnows. the she asked for a pop and when she opened the cooler she got sick again in the food cooler. told her were going home she says no daddy i feel better and i want to fish we ended up with a limit of perch 7-11 inchers and she had fish for dinner. today shes in college and working and when we go on boat all she wants to do is tan shes 19 but she fishes when the lake is calm

Default Funny..........guess you did it to yourself! ha.... "Limit or dark".........grinnn

Quote Originally Posted by Madd Matt View Post
    Thanks guys! She did have a great time and she keeps asking when we are going back. She is my little fishing buddy.
    My only problem on soft water is that I told her one time that the rule is that we don't come in until we limit out or its too dark to fish... I was trying to set an expectation of a long day and avoid her getting bored and thinking that coming in was an option. Now when we aren't catching anything for 2-3 hours and it's 3:00 in the afternoon she says to me, "Daddy, we don't go in until we limit or it's dark, that's what you said."

Thanks again everyone!

-Matt
    Glad you took my advice on not going out on the Erie for Walleye with her......nice big shelter you have.......... kids like to fish, like to SEE FISH in the water, and like to CATCH fish...we all know that......but especially in their early fishing trips. Bluegills & Sunfish are always winners to them, size doesn't matter. Next Spring you'll have to find somebody with a pond to take her fishing.........anyone out there with such a pond volunteering? I bet you get a reply! Hope so!