Wild Wings/ Green Cove ice fishing Wild Wings/ Green Cove ice fishing Wild Wings/ Green Cove ice fishing Wild Wings/ Green Cove ice fishing

Default Wild Wings/ Green Cove ice fishing

Has anyone gone directly out of Wild Wings or the Green Cove condo area in the last week? A few of us are looking to go Tues/Wed And run N 5-6 miles. PM me if you are looking to network to find active fish.

Safe fishing

a group of 4 are heading out tues/weds would like to share info . dnt know where we are going out of yet, most likely it will be around a can and north

me and 3 other guys plan on going out of that area tues and weds. headed towards the a can and west sister reef. we could share some info

Thank you for the reply. I was getting concerned after nearly 800 views and 0 responses. It reminded of why I nearly quit posting all together. Everybody wants quality Intel but few are willing to share it. I am still fond of the good old days before smart phones when we had to wait and post when we got home........ Rant over. Check your inbox and let's go get em.......... Spoontang on the side

Default wild wings

FYI
    About 2 weeks ago I went out of wild wings in an airboat
    when camp perry was full the boat broke thru at the end of the canal
    about 30 yards off the mouth was a huge pile so we went to the right to get around it and broke ice about another 20 yards before getting on good ice

I would like to think with all the cold we have had since then it would be nice and solid. We were surprised that we broke thru there

I am not trying to Scare you Just encouraging you to be cautious in that area
    Good luck have fun be safe.

On a side note anyone thinking of going out of turtle creek it is very common to have thin ice under the bridge near the mouth even on the coldest of winters be cautious

Hey spoontag,
    read your thread Saturday but couldn't respond do to the fact I didn't log out at work.. (was in a hurry to get to the lake)
    Here is some info,, went out of Crane Saturday and headed north of the intake, dropped down in 20/21' of water with plenty of action..
    hot in the morning, steady till 1:00ish hot for another hour and a half, roughly but all in all a real good day..
    Had different groups spread between Camp Perry,Crane,Metzger's, all did pretty good.. Got bud's down there right now and pretty much all week so if you want PM me and I can give you what info I get from them..
    Offer's there so do what you want with it..
    I'll be there Wed,Thurs, clean stuff up at work on Friday and will be back for the weekend..

thanks for the responses and tips. The old timers on here know I am a soft water fishermen. I have a group of buddies that introduced me to hard water fishing. Yesterday was slow but we ended up up with a hand full of decent fish. We ended up going out of Catawba and fishing 5 mile NE I would guess around D can in 26 fow. Lots of drifts that made a challenging trip in. My quad had snow in the choke area,,,, my buddy was pulling me with a side by side and broke his drive belt about a mile out. Fortunately we had another buddy coming in from another area that was able to tow is the rest of the way. All in all a fun adventure.

How was the fishing tues and wed out around A can! Seemed flow today! Also where is the intake ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stingerhook View Post
    How was the fishing tues and wed out around A can! Seemed flow today! Also where is the intake ?
    Intake is a ways west, A little west of metzgers, you can see it from the pier

fished a mile ne of the a can on Tuesday very slow for everyone I talked to . we had 4 between 3 of us. talked to 4 groups that were at b can and same results. weds. went a mile south of green island morning was slow but afternoon they turned on