Catch & Release Catch & Release Catch & Release Catch & Release
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Catch & Release

Since this is the only post that guys post on, can someone please tell me where a guy can find bait in the port clinton area please...coming down early Friday morning and have no idea where anyrhing is. Thank you in advace!

Quote Originally Posted by soup1984 View Post
    Since this is the only post that guys post on, can someone please tell me where a guy can find bait in the port clinton area please...coming down early Friday morning and have no idea where anyrhing is. Thank you in advace!
    Rickards on Rt 53 across from the Holiday Inn Express. I was told they open at 5 am on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by mkalink View Post
    There is information spread all over the place. As for the take or taking definition kind of shoots the hell out of your argument. I didn't just make this up to be an ass. I just wanted to put the information out there.
    Here's a link. Sorry it is found in the Ohio Administrative Code
    http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/1501:31-13
    LOL Your argument is silly and your last post defined your personality but thanks for playing! Time to move on now, have a nice day and a fruitful season.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Quote Originally Posted by mkalink View Post
    Rickards on Rt 53 across from the Holiday Inn Express. I was told they open at 5 am on the weekends.
    soup1984

What he said!

Also if going to Camp Perry or Crane Creek A&J baits may be open also Magee East, or call Dreamcatcher Dave he will open for you. They are all on Rt. 2 west of Camp Perry and east of Crane Creek.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Awesome! Thank you guys

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    LOL Your argument is silly and your last post defined your personality but thanks for playing! Time to move on now, have a nice day and a fruitful season.
    Yes, time to move on and thank you for playing. Knute I hope you paid attention you started it.

Default capt classes

Quote Originally Posted by Madd Matt View Post
    Great post Wakina. I think I agree with everything you said. I would also reiterate your point about over-bagging. It's illegal to keep more than your daily limit, period.

I don't normally "fun-fish" after limiting. In fact the only times I have done this over 30 years is less than 5 times probably and it has always been on the jig bite. When we drive 5 hours to fish and we limit out on the reefs in 45 minutes jigging... It's tough not to stay out on such a fun bite and fun-fish for a while... Throwing back everything over our limit immediately regardless of size! I don't cull fish, especially walleye!

However, even though I do not AND WILL NOT cull walleye, I have heard from 3 different captains that in the charter captains classes that they are taught that it is perfectly legal to do so. One captain told me that it was a major discussion with many long time fisherman disagreeing with the instructor and that they finally had to concede because it is not a prohibited act. What I found amazing was that even if they are throwing back dead fish it is legal (supposedly). Again, this is what I have been told by captains as to what they are taught in their license classes. I have asked several about it after the first one told me this and they have all confirmed that while they don't practice it, it is legal.

I am not one to make stink about someone choosing to do something different than I would, as long as what they are doing is legal. However, I would frown pretty heavy and lose a lot of respect for anyone that is culling fish and throwing back dead walleye! Legal or not!

-Matt
    Under no circumstances have captains classes had anything to do with fishing and fishing laws. Captains classes are about boating, navigation and safety of paying passengers on a vessel whether inspected or non-inspected. Setting the record straight.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by gregnwtf View Post
    Under no circumstances have captains classes had anything to do with fishing and fishing laws. Captains classes are about boating, navigation and safety of paying passengers on a vessel whether inspected or non-inspected. Setting the record straight.
    I agree, the only discussion about fishing limits was smoke breaks during captains classes.

What ever happenen to knute anyway? Hmmmmm.........
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKraft View Post
    What ever happenen to knute anyway? Hmmmmm.........
    He was logged on around 9:00pm this evening. LOL he is setting back laughing at the stew he started to brew!

He probably thinks catch and release takes place on the weekend at the local watering hole for the catch and the release takes place the next morning in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express. That's how those tuna fishermen are ya know!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS