Not to bring the debate back to life. I emailed the DNR on the topics discussed in this thread. Here is the response I received today.

Larry, This is what you are asking for: This comes from the*Ohio Administrative Code.

1501:31-1-02 [Effective*3/1/2015] Definition of terms.
(SSSS) "Possession" means both actual and constructive possession and any control of things referred to.*(My interpretation of this, is once you put a fish in your cooler, stringer, and live well you are in possession.

As for Culling fish, we don’t have a law forbidding it, but you must release the other fish with a little harm as possible also.

1501:31-13-01 [Effective*3/1/2015] Sport fishing.
(G) It shall be unlawful for any person at any time to place or dispose of a dead fish in a stream, river, pond, lake, or any other body of water or upon the banks thereof, except dead fish or parts of fish may be used as bait or a lure.

You can’t possess undersize walleye at any time. *You can continue to keep fishing for walleye after you take your limit. You can’t keep them. Unless you are releasing fish that are unharmed.

I hope this answers your question Larry, if you have any others feel free to contact me. Gary

*Gary C. Manley
Wildlife Investigator
305 E. Shoreline Dr.
Sandusky, Oh 44870

*just for everyones info.
Larry