All fishermen are liars... Except on Walleye.com All fishermen are liars... Except on Walleye.com All fishermen are liars... Except on Walleye.com All fishermen are liars... Except on Walleye.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Wow. I was hesitant to say what I said because I was afraid maybe everyone would think I was whining and causing issues over nothing.

I guess I wasn't the only one who has been thinking this.

I agree with loomis82 and The Dr.

I would hope that the people who always post amazing reports about how great they did on a consistent basis with not a single bad day or poor results, and only occasional photos or evidence, that they lose respect of everyone very quickly.

I am not promoting anyone and intentionally am not using names, I find it amazing that almost everyone knows exactly who the main offender(s) are, and who is respectable.

Dr. Ed, please do not feel the need to learn to post pictures before posting again. Skipper9 and others are not talking about typical weekend warriors and community members posting good reports without pictures. They are speaking directly to people who consistently feel the need to exaggerate and flat out lie about how "amazing" their catch was all weekend long and limited out on all 4 trips over a weekend, fishing the same water as some of the best Erie captains who struggled all weekend.

I promise, you aren't going to get attacked for posting about a trip simply because you don't know how to upload pictures. The people who are doing what I referred to know full well how to post pictures, they just don't have the pictures because they don't exist.

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    You are probably well on your way to being able to separate the straw from the ********. You will soon learn who is being truthful and who is posting just to create drama. There are more good Guys on this site than those who as the old saying goes are all hat and no cattle. Probably at a ratio of 99.9% to .01%.
    Well said Wakina! Yes, this is a great site and an amazing Lake Erie fishing community. In fact it is for that reason that it is so discouraging when others come in and ruin the atmosphere.

I don't even go to OGF anymore and haven't logged in for almost 2 years there and other fishing forums because they are so full of the kind of stuff we are talking about.

Search high and low and it's hard to find a forum with the kind of people and the captains that are in Walleye.com.

-Matt

Default reports

to all that like to rip me down thats fine, its your choice to believe or not believe, you must understand sometimes clients don't want thier cathes shown and we have to respect this, as well as sometimes we get numbers that can't be let out, and we have to respect this,. As for picture you can check out reel sport charters llc and you will see the big and the small of 2014 from spring to winter. As to why some are catching fish and alot are not, like I said before go small ,smaller and slow and old school ways. Yes Iam old school and not the best report writer in town,
    as you pick me apart. All I am trying to due is give the best report I can with as much information as I can, like this forum is about, I am in no way trying to promote our business. Yes I do everything different than everyone else, but this is who I am. The ones who know us know we do everything in our power to please everyone. This my option, Sorry if I ruffel some feathers.

Thanks Big Wayne
    Last edited by wayne johnson; 01-27-2015 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne johnson View Post
    to all that like to rip me down thats fine, its your choice to believe or not believe, you must understand sometimes clients don't want thier cathes shown and we have to respect this, as well as sometimes we get numbers that can't be let out, and we have to respect this,. As for picture you can check out reel sport charters llc and you will see the big and the small of 2014 from spring to winter. As to why some are catching fish and alot are not, like I said before go small ,smaller and slow and old school ways. Yes Iam old school and not the best report writer in town,
    as you pick me apart. All I am trying to due is give the best report I can with as much information as I can, like this forum is about, I am in no way trying to promote our business. Yes I do everything different than everyone else, but this is who I am. The ones who know us know we do everything in our power to please everyone. This my option, Sorry if I ruffel some feathers.

Thanks Big Wayne
    Wayne, no name has mentioned you or anyone else's name. In fact, there was an example given about a 300lb cooler story which wasn't you.

Everything in here has simply been about people posting dishonest reports and false results simply to try make themselves look better than the next guy. Almost everything in this topic has been about a character an honesty issue, and specific examples given where not details about your reports.

Everyone has been talking about false reports being given when everyone knows they are false and how that effects users who don't know who to trust.

If you took these posts personally then it is simply because you choose too, not because anyone has mentioned you or anyone else's names.

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by wayne johnson View Post

Thanks Big Wayne
    Hey Wayne/Mike I wasn't specifically talking about you. Neither was anyone else. Nobody called you or mike out on anything just letting people know to be careful on who people trust on info. But with you jumping to conclusions like that sure makes it look like you have a guilty Conscience good luck to everyone on the ice I'm not a ice guide and do not have any future plans to be one. Not even out on the ice man good luck and be safe!
    Last edited by bowguy84; 01-28-2015 at 09:34 PM.
    Thanks
    Capt Erik
    Bose-Man Sportfishing

I believe there is a simple solution. BE HONEST!!! Show pictures of the fish you claim to catch!! Don't give false reports and put people in harms way on the ice. Many of you on this site are friends of mine and i don't want anyone hurt so someone can make a few bucks. So show the pictures of all these fish. (I have never had a client tell me not to take pictures.. sounds a little fishy)

While on this topic I must also say something on perch. I always see from the same people jumbos jumbos jumbos.... not we have a good grade of fish being 8s 9s and 10s. Let's be realistic your not going out around kelleys or anywhere in the western basin for that matter and getting 6 and 8 man limits of jumbos. Your getting a decent grade with some jumbos mixed in. Don't get me wrong I've fished Huron and vermilion a lot for perch and you can get a lot of jumbos but a whole limit? ? Not happening very often let alone every trip. The "person people" that report like this know who are. Be very aware of "the jumbo perch report"

And you're right skipper all the years I've first mated never had I have a customer say no to a photo.

You guys crack me up! COME ON SPRING!
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Default no pictures

I get that sometimes. I ask them if they want a pic, limit or not. Loomis guy, if you want to try the limits of jumbo perch in the cooler. Call me next fall for a trip over the line up north. Some people consider jumbos 10 inchers. 12 or bigger are the jumbo class getting 2 to the pound or less. Last trip up last fall , 2 guys on the boat and 60 fish weighed in 46 pounds of perch live weight. Hate drama. Wine and Walleye Fest winner 2014 in Ashtabula was Summer Break 2 in the second pic of 152 inches on I believe 5 fish. So if I didnt post a picture, hmm. So who had the 300 cooler Erik? I guess I also do things different as well Wayne. People shouldnt be argueing on here, you should feel as we would help one another in an emergency or in finding fish.
    Last edited by gregnwtf; 01-28-2015 at 09:26 AM.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]