All fishermen are liars... Except on Walleye.com All fishermen are liars... Except on Walleye.com All fishermen are liars... Except on Walleye.com All fishermen are liars... Except on Walleye.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default All fishermen are liars... Except on Walleye.com

I enjoy the group of regular contributors in here. It's actually nice to be able to trust reports. Not everyone in here is honest with their reports. We know the guys that constantly exaggerate and ALWAYS catch their limits of "hawgs"... Really all 48 of them are always fish Ohios.

Those of us in here know who is truthful and who isn't. But it is frustrating when new people come in the forums looking for information and they don't know who is telling the truth and who isn't. It would be nice if people would simply be honest all the time, but we know not everyone is.

My advice is to anyone wondering if a report is good or just some guy trying to promote himself and his business, is to read a lot of posts. See who always says they are doing GREAT and who never posts any pictures. When someone says that they limited out on pigs, and then posts a picture of 8 fish with 4 guys, figure that they really only caught 8 fish.

When an honest captain limits on 48 fish Ohio, trust me... He would have a picture of that!!

Also, check to see who is only posting to promote their business rather than trying to simply help a fellow fisherman out. There are great captains in here who give great advice and great reports simply to help novice fisherman out, and then there are those who are just trying to advertise.

The best way to know a good report is when you see several users thanking others for their information. When someone posts accurate info in here and it's true, there will be follow-up reports from other users substantiating the info and thanking them.

I like having a community that people come to for help and good honest advice and reports. For the most part many of the contributors in here do just that. Thanks to all of you who are here to have a good community of fisherman and don't use this forum to simply self-promote through false reports.

-Matt

Right on Matt. Does no good to give false reports unless it's for drumming up business due to the inabilty to produce. Sad huh?
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

I'm more concerned with false reports this time of year because you could be sending unknowing folks into extremely dangerous situations. So anyone new to the forum, I'd be VERY careful following unfounded reports on the hard water. I would hate to hear that a member posting a bogus report had sent a fisherman or a group of fisherman to their death.

Last year some members were posting untrue reports to keep people from launching from their preferred location. I wouldnt take any one member's word as gospel.

Yep. Agreed, false reports right now are dangerous... And in the Spring are expensive.

When the bite in close to shore and West of S. bass and someone gives a false reports as says 10 miles East of Kelly's, that gets expensive. Not only does it cost in fuel, but a weekend fisherman like myself just drove 5 hrs and wasted a day going on a wild goose chase.

I can respect someone not wanting to give their location and numbers. Just don't give the wrong info.

And don't say that you caught a 6 man limit when you only caught 7 fish.

I'll quit ranting now. Sorry, I just really enjoy this forum and the online & on the Lake community that we have here. I don't like anything that makes us all look bad.

-Matt

Well said Matt, thanks! I have tried to remain tight lipped when I have personally witnessed bogus reports being put on here. Maybe I shouldn't have, but I am not one to start any kind of drama. From now on, I'm calling it out. Say hypothetically I'm out fishing, and watch you come out of the channel, fish beside me, then fish several other spots for around 30 minutes a piece, then head back into the channel, all the while I have not moved. Then, an hour later you report you caught a limit from an entirely different area, I will call it out from now on. I have seen pictures taking off this board from a member and posted on Facebook as fish another person caught. I'm pretty sure, somebody on Facebook has a profile pic of fish that was talking from a picture posted by another member of this board. I'm not trying to play watch dog, but i notice things. I'm into many pages about fishing and when I see things that don't add up i can't help but to go back and dig up the truth. I'm over watching this continue to go on. It's pretty simple. Be honest! ----rant over--- Good day!
    Captain Greg
    Walleye2go Sportfishing

Thank you Matt!!! I agree with everything you said! I think I am gonna get a t-shirt made that says "show me the cooler or shut up" lol!!! Please everyone be safe on the ice!! I have had too many close calls out there. I worry about all of you out there!!

I don't understand the reasoning being giving false reports in the first place. Everyone would understand if you say "I'd rather not share my numbers". I'd much rather you say that than cost me $50 and one of my precious few days of fishing because you're too afraid to say "No.". It certainly isn't funny, and I have noticed that days where everyone is on the radio saying it's been a tough bite then seen reports of limits on here.

I'm happy to share anything I figure out on a given day on 79. Lord knows enough of you have helped me learn to use online boards and to set lines, tie harnesses etc. Granted, that ain't much because I'm not up much and I'm usually not the first to disk em in. That and the numbers we've been fishing for 15 years that always, always produce fish have been lost to the memory of a dying Lowrance��.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman86 View Post
    I don't understand the reasoning being giving false reports in the first place. Everyone would understand if you say "I'd rather not share my numbers". I'd much rather you say that than cost me $50 and one of my precious few days of fishing because you're too afraid to say "No.". It certainly isn't funny, and I have noticed that days where everyone is on the radio saying it's been a tough bite then seen reports of limits on here.

I'm happy to share anything I figure out on a given day on 79. Lord knows enough of you have helped me learn to use online boards and to set lines, tie harnesses etc. Granted, that ain't much because I'm not up much and I'm usually not the first to disk em in. That and the numbers we've been fishing for 15 years that always, always produce fish have been lost to the memory of a dying Lowrance��.
    I give hundreds of boats info each week with great results. You are welcome to call me anytime for a free report.. no problem.. plenty of fish for all of us!! 614.327.7144

Thanks Skipper9 for all the help you have given to folks who need it over all these years!
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.