DHJ 10 vs. DHJ 12 DHJ 10 vs. DHJ 12 DHJ 10 vs. DHJ 12 DHJ 10 vs. DHJ 12

Talking DHJ 10 vs. DHJ 12

I started using Rapala DHJ 10's awhile ago and have good success using them, but all the hoopla about the 12's seems to be the best and I just do not
    consider it necessary to change except for using some of the custom colors that only come in the 12's. Yes I am able to run them together but does the
    three quarters of and inch really make a difference? Does the old adage of the
    difference between oooh's and ahas's fit? A recent purchase of custom colors in the 12's prompted this post.

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by BtweenShots View Post
    I started using Rapala DHJ 10's awhile ago and have good success using them, but all the hoopla about the 12's seems to be the best and I just do not
    consider it necessary to change except for using some of the custom colors that only come in the 12's. Yes I am able to run them together but does the
    three quarters of and inch really make a difference? Does the old adage of the
    difference between oooh's and ahas's fit? A recent purchase of custom colors in the 12's prompted this post.

Gene
    Bait fish are not all the same size why should crankbaits be of a certain size? I am sure a walleye does not contemplate size when they eat a prey fish as much as fishermen do when they are trying to fool them into eating.

If it is not broke don't fix it! That is how I see it. I have found emerald shiners and 6" perch in the stomach of individual fish when cleaning them. To boot those individual fish were caught on worm harnesses, another variable. So to me that is evidence they eat all different sizes and species of prey when feeding.
    Last edited by wakina; 01-12-2015 at 09:11 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default DHJ's

Thanks Wakina, I figured as much and will run them along with each other. I know it's just a ploy for mfgs. to sell more but just the size and colors that so many post touting 12's and colors have driven me to re-think their usage. The nice colors probably the most prevailing in my choice.

Gene