Dragonfly 7 Dragonfly 7 Dragonfly 7 Dragonfly 7

Thread: Dragonfly 7

Default Dragonfly 7

Any one using the Raymarine Dragonfly sonar/GPS? Pros/cons. Just wondering if it is as bullet proof as some want you to believe. Looking for something different than the HDS that I have now. I am not satisfied with the way it operates and want a different manufacturer. Ready to move on.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Wakina, I know this was originally posted about a year ago but I saw that you added the Dragonfly 7 to your signature. Now that you've had it for awhile, how do you like it? I've been looking at purchasing a Dragonfly 7 or a Lowrance Elite 7. Anyone else with experience with the Dragonfly 7 or Elite 7 please chime in.

I will say this if you are looking for a no frills stand alone sonar GPS combo that will not network with any other electronics, then I say buy it! It has proven to be an excellent, easy to read sonar unit which is mostly automatic and tunes itself to the water depth. It marks fish well and perch exceptionally well the down vision works well also but the jury is still out for me to state it is useful on the lake for walleye fishing unless in the rocks. One thing missing on the GPS is tracking. I say that without knowing for sure whether or not there is that function in the settings that allows for tracking. But I did add a Hot Maps Premium East card to the unit. In all reality it is exactly what I was looking for, a unit that does not require an engineers degree in computer science to operate with several different menus to keep you busy. It is a turn it on set it and forget it unit. The screen clarity, brightness and viewablity will blow you away and it is easy to see in direct sunlight.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Thanks for your input Wakina. Sounds like it is just what I'm looking for in a GPS/fishfinder.