Geneva Reports II Geneva Reports II Geneva Reports II Geneva Reports II
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I ended up perch fishing last saturday and put 104 nice perch in the cooler along with a 28" walleye as a bonus catch on a perch rig. Tomorrow, I'll be targeting walleye NE of Geneva. I'll be pulling crankbaits, worm harnesses and spoons. If anyone wants to share information, give me a yell, Bullship2 on 68

Quote Originally Posted by deadeyedick View Post
    Weather is going to be iffy at best. I may try to go Thursday if the rain holds off. Friday looks good in the morning. Still fishing 12 to 15 miles NE of Geneva with crawler harnesses. Went out yesterday (friday) got a late start 1 pm but still managed to catch 12 walleye. Same place as before. using Pink Panties worm harnesses anywhere from 120 to 170 feet back on # 3 setting #1 dipsies. Marking a tremendous amout of fish. caught 8 in an hour and a half and took 3 hours to catch the rest 4 fish Ohio. Caught one with a tag. If anyone knows about these tags let me know
    Call the DNR they will tell you what you need to know. Some tagged fish come with a reward for that tag. It is all for research purposes.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Default Ashtabula

Fished yesterday out of bula north to the 42.01 line and trolled north using dipseys w/crawler harnesses in pink and raspberry colors with copper back blades, by myself pulled limit in 2 hours, 1fish ohio...grrreat day

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater52 View Post
    Fished yesterday out of bula north to the 42.01 line and trolled north using dipseys w/crawler harnesses in pink and raspberry colors with copper back blades, by myself pulled limit in 2 hours, 1fish ohio...grrreat day
    Nice! I am hoping to get out there one day this weekend, been a few weeks since we crushed them, so I am hoping we can repeat the performance. Do you mind sharing your W coordinate? They were at the 42W last time we were out.

Smile Re: Ashtabula

My N was 42.01 and W 49.76, lots of fish in the big lake, have no problem sharing, I've learned a lot from this site and am happy to pay it back...tight lines

I have been fishing the same area recently without much success altho I am picking up at least one Fish Ohio each trip. I'm sorry to report there will be no posts for an undetermined time as my beautiful Scarlet and Grey Tahoe was seriously rearended while I was following a farm tractor at 15 mph while traveling south on SR45 near N. Bloomfield after leaving the lake and parking the boat. No fish were hurt in the accident and I am just a little sore. The lady behind me was not so lucky. Fractured right leg, facial injuries and more. Her car was totaled. They used the jaws of life to get her out of the car. I sincerely hope she will be all right. There was no sign of braking so I have no idea where her head was.
    I jokingly remark to people when I serve or hand out walleye that I risked my life for these fish and we all laugh but my remarks are closer to the truth than they realize. Yesterday was a classic example that came to mind as I dialed 911 while laying in a ditch in my Tahoe that was resting on its side. Usually it is just a rogue wave that threatens my safety. We all know how unpredictable Lake Erie can be so....Sailor Beware even on dry land.
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 08-10-2014 at 07:12 PM. Reason: word change

Sorry to hear about your accident Dr. Ed.I own and operate a rolloff dumpster business and I spend my days driving a semi around central Ohio.People are not paying attention when they drive.I see both men and women texting behind the wheel.Women are the worst.Hope she is alright.

Glad your alright Dr. Ed. Could of been alot worse like you said.

9. Default

Hope you heal up soon and get back on the water.
    FL

I am just a little bruised. Its my Tahoe that took the hit. In my estimation it is a total loss so I'm looking for a replacement while I dance with the body shop and the insurance people. Can't get the boat to the water without a towing vehicle but this too shall pass. Thanks guys for your concern but trust me, I am fine.