Who owns a Sportcraft HARDTOP 252/250 Fisherman INBOARD on this site? Who owns a Sportcraft HARDTOP 252/250 Fisherman INBOARD on this site? Who owns a Sportcraft HARDTOP 252/250 Fisherman INBOARD on this site? Who owns a Sportcraft HARDTOP 252/250 Fisherman INBOARD on this site?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    sounds like the 305 in these might be geared enough to work well based on the other ppl that have them. the teaser pic does look nice. is the carpet snap in or not. carpet and minows can make a mess.

dad had a Thompson 25 ft hardtop when we were growning up. it sure was nice to get out of the rain and waves and the cold. I know some ppl use propane heater under them. I know some ppl who have installed like a car heater core and run the water line and a fan to make a car style heater.

dads Thompson would contain so much air under the hardtop it would drift at just over 1 to 1.5 mph some days. could almost troll from it. lol and depending on which window you opened up in the front and how much you could kinda control direction too.
    Heres the sad part this boat has NEVER hardly been fish off! Used only twice a year by the owners daughter! Carpet would prolly be ripped out!
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Teaser pic #2

Ok whats it worth???? 1978!

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK PEARL View Post
    Teaser pic #2

Ok whats it worth???? 1978!
    1978???? Can you get a historical plate for a boat? Just kidding.....looks like a nice ride but def get her checked out, looks can be deceiving. Not good for engine to sit idle and I can say from experience that fuel left in a boat will screw up the tank and fuel system.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    1978???? Can you get a historical plate for a boat? Just kidding.....looks like a nice ride but def get her checked out, looks can be deceiving. Not good for engine to sit idle and I can say from experience that fuel left in a boat will screw up the tank and fuel system.
    I have talked to ALL Mechanics that have serviced her!

Quote Originally Posted by black pearl View Post
    teaser pic #2

ok whats it worth???? 1978!
    8 k.....jmo...

I have not had good experiences with older fiberglass boats. I looked at plenty before I went with an aluminum boat and they all had rot! If you're looking at spending eight grand, I would spring for $200-$300 for a survey first.

Regardless of the low hours and little usage, I would think that they would struggle to get eight grand for a 1978. That said, a 2003 252 does book for 16 grand, so with a perfect hull and engine survey, the boat should be well worth the eight grand, imo.

The facts are that it is a 1978. They will have to pay to store it again if it doesn't sell. Plus, it's past the prime time of year to sell a boat. I would definitely make a low offer on it to see what reaction they have. It is just me, but I would probably start at six grand.

I would tend to believe what one other person posted about the 305 in that boat. It should be ok power. The v-8 should put that boat on plane in most conditions that you would want it to be on plane in. Staying on plane while breaking decent size waves may be another situation.

If buying this boat is intended to make me jealous, it is working! That is one nice looking rig!

Good Luck!

P.S. If you buy it, I will be looking forward to the performance reports as now I am really curious as to how it will perform.
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Call Capt. Tony and have it surveyed before you make an offer. His survey will include a value. This guy is anal as they come and will do moisture readings versus the old knock on it with a hammer. After he's done, you will have no questions or reservations and you will know exactly what you're buying and it's value. Good Luck!

http://captaintonyllc.com/

Greg

Default nice

I bought a 27 ft sportcraft fisherman new in 1984 stringers went out twice transom has little soft spot 350 inboard rebuilt once stringers done 2012 $3500 motor tuned up all fluids changed and new gauges. in the only owner 19.000 was the sticker price now they are around 80.000 I probably put that much in it in 30 years. but its been a great boat when I hear a sportcraft start up its like a Harley you can just tell

Default No wood rot

I bought my Seaswirl because it has a composite transom and fiberglass stringers to eliminate wood rot issues and keeps the boat light so it gets on plane quick and although it is just a little 21 footer, I can get 52 mph with my 305 and fuel economy is spectacular!

That is a nice boat, and I agree with rscotfish...they sound awesome!

I am biased towards Marinettes because I own one. My Sportsman 28' is similar to Sportcrafts 28, Marinettes are constructed completely out of aluminum. Never any rot issues, corrosion issues are only a problem in salt water. The rear deck is completely free of obstructions, the engine is totally under the deck...it's like a big dance floor! Plus the weight of a 28 is about 5500 lbs.
    Just some food for thought!