Easy walleye at Geneva Easy walleye at Geneva Easy walleye at Geneva Easy walleye at Geneva
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

We probably won't get there till 11:00 - noon. I'm very much used to Erie with this boat, but most of the time we will be on the big boat. The little one will be for perch mostly.

Smile wats up Dr Ed

thinkin about comin 2 Geneva Sat. How did you do today? Any info would b greatly appreciated

Rough day for me today. 5 fish in five hours. 7-8 miles NW of Geneva. All on spoons off 50 TruTrips back 80' at 1.9 mph. All were nice 27 inch fish but with such a beautiful lake I should have had more in that time frame. I may hit the lake again Sunday as the forecast looks good. 6/22 update. I belong to a local fishing club and will be hitting the Geneva ramp tomorrow morning around 6:30 AM with two club members hopefully to show them how to catch walleye. Stay tuned....
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 06-22-2013 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Update info

2 Fish Ohio off watermelon and black and purple worm harnesses off "O" dipseys on a 2 setting back 135 feet at 1.9 mph 7 miles NW of Geneva. Six fish total which I didn't think was much but one of the club members was elated. A smile and a thank you is all I ever want when someone is on my boat. I got both.

Default Question for ya

What is easiest way to tell that you have fish on when using the "walleye" side planer board? Was out of Ashtabula this morning and drug a 29" for I have no idea how long. Ended up with 3 all caught on purple, purple/watermelon harnesses. You've helped me a lot with the info you have posted, hope to catch up with you sometime soon, Chuck

I run 2 Church Walleye boards in tandem on each side. The far board is out 100 feet. The inside board is out about 75-80 feet so they line up with the boat. As long as you run a straight course, even a white bass will pull the board back far enough that you can tell something isn't right so you can check that board for company. Yesterday a board dropped back about 4-5 feet and it turned out to be a 22 inch walleye.(table grade) You really have to pay attention. Hopefully I'll be out again tomorrow AM.

Only have one church board, thought would see if liked it before getting more, seems like have as much equipment now that I don't use as I have that I do use. Will give another go on calmer day to watch the board closer. Have you had any luck setting board up to release and run back to TT or Jet divers? Just wondering...thanks for quick response

Having the board release and slide back to the TT or JetDiver would defeat the smooth transition of bringing the fish to the net and increase your chances of loosing the fish. Fishing became expensive when that first fisherman put aside his cane pole in search of something better. I would strongly suggest you get another board to run side by side with the one you have. It will be well worth the investment and make life on the lake much easier for you and yours. I find staring at the boards can be hypnotizing and draw your attention away from the hazards of boat traffic so I try to find someone else to watch them for me. You won't believe how fast a fishing buddy will catch on and he or she will feel like they at contributing to the task at hand, especially when they get to yell, "Fish On!!!"

Will take your advice on getting another board, makes a lot of sense too. Won't be on lake again till 1st of July. Thanks for the posts, been great help

Smile fish on

hey Dr how r u? fished out of conneaut sat&sun 23 fish landed many lost.Fished west in front of ashtabula.weighted bangos on 1 side ss with bombers on the other,0 on dipseys 3 0n downrigger. Everyone was talking dipseys & spoons or harnesses couldnt get that bite going most fish off the boards with ss line.