question for charters question for charters question for charters question for charters
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default fishhead

Get a life fish face. Don't be such a killjoy. I'm one of the many that enjoy these captains posts and I don't even fish your side of the lake. You must be retired and completely bored to start such a stupid thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead315 View Post
    Just wondering why some of the Captains on here do not advertise on this site but still come here to drum up business? What would you think of another Captain that would be on your site that you pay for ??

To me its just pretty darn low down that you do that to other Captains that pays for his advertisements. I for one would not pay a Captain that has that kind of morals running his business that way.

Values are in very short supply these days and I feel as if people are putting money before everything else on here ..
    Good Fishing
    Here is a list of the Charter fishing Boats/ Captains that advertise or are listed in the link provided for you and everyone else to read at the end of the list. These names are the names from the Western Basin and the link is provided by this site.

I have been unable to find anyone who uses this site to "drum up business" that is not a paying sponsor or at least listed in the link Provided and approved by this site and this sites management or if not listed provides an enormous amount of technical information to the members of this site and whose overall contribution to this site makes your contribution look childish. If you have a beef about how this site does business or about a certain Captain that you feel is advertising (drumming up business without paying for that privilege) please take it up with the management or that particular Captain in person!!! There is a small red triangle in the upper right hand corner right beside the post number of the thread that you can use to report the offensive post/reply to management.

It appears that you are only interested in stirring up controversy and are not willing to address this matter in the proper manner. The first question that comes to mind is how does your complaint (about the freeloaders) affect you or anyone else for that matter and how does that make it your concern? Why have you chosen to address your complaint to the paying sponsors as well as the other members of this site instead of management? Your refusal to name names only makes your broad accusation seem all the more suspect. I imagine that you have not named any names either because your accusation is false or you lack the testicle's to do so!

Here is the link!!

http://www.walleye.com/CharterFishin...eCharters.aspx

Here is another link!!!

http://www.walleye.com/CharterFishin...eCharters.aspx
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

waterdog Guest

Default ah free enterprise.... rock on....

sometimes the truth hurts when its told ... so be it ... Ill be around a good while so no problems there ... LMAO ... going to talk to a new captain I know and have him start posting on here with his cheaper rate then anyone and see how it works out for him ... He only fishes weekends as well and said before he would do walk ons for 50.00 a person .
    Good Fishing
    so....get more people fishin... love it ....

waterdog Guest

Default head boats in Port Clinton

$35 dollar.... for head boats in Port Clinton
    u get your own bait , pole ( maybe rent) ice ..they have that
    lunch.... bring it................. Fish On>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lets not ruin a good thing.

When things are going well, why is there always someone who wants to ruin it? And it is normally someone who is new to the forum.....or at least a new name.

Post Thanks / Like

Default comment

Pretty much sums it up about all the Captains I know period . All of them teach and talk as well as being friendly .
    As far as jealous, dont think so . Im retired and fish as much if not more then most captains do . I didnt name names on here at all . just the fact of having people pay for advertisment to get their business and other basiclly free loading on here without paying . Would love to see what would happen if you paid for advertising and someone jump on your site and took business away from you by just posting on your site . Im sure many would have a fit about it .

I remember the days of going out and finding your own fish and catching them . Thats why it called fishing not catching . So many people count on the reports because of being lazy and not truely knowing how to fish . The only way they catch fish is by running to other peoples spots . That is not truely being a fisherman if you cant find and catch your own fish .
    Disagree all you want but wrong is wrong no matter what !!!
    Good Fishing
    Find your own groove. Find fish then figure them out , not figure out exactly what somebody else is doing. More satisfaction comes from getting it done yourself. Pay attention to what you are doing and look at your fishfinder. I like those days when its quite, we have fun and put some fish in the cooler. Enjoy the day fishing instead of chasing the charter boats. There are over 800 charters on Erie waters just for Ohio and we have to find fish and figure them out like anybody else. Just because there are 7 , 8 or just one charter sitting on a spot doesnt mean he is or is not catching. We have to spend our day teaching, coaching and try get them to get a fish on the line to get a smile on their face. Fishing should always be a fun activity.
    Last edited by gregnwtf; 05-21-2013 at 12:37 AM.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTBRIAN View Post
    If you would like to start trouble there is a site called OGF TRY THERE. They will love you starting S__T
    NO NO dont send them to ogf, we dont need bull stuff started on that site either. just let him get it off his chest here and be done with it.

i dont get to go to erie very often so the reports i get here and at ogf saves me hours of hunting for fish when i get up there. so i say keep up the good reports that really helps guys like me.

im sure if some charter captains were just advertising and not giving back to the forum they would be sensored.
    sherman

Post Thanks / Like

Default ?????

Sherman , OGF is a great site that is policed as it should be . as for a fishing report . got a 4 man limit last night from 1100 pm to 100 am casting in 8-10ft of water . Still lots of nice fish to be caught with 8 of ourfish being over 28 inches . Love the night bite on a calm flat night and dont use a ton of gas plus never saw another boat the whole time we were out ....
    Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4 man limit

What no location? No colors?

Post Thanks / Like

Default right forum????

Did I miss a report. I read these things every night and I understand what he is pissed about, but the captains who post walkons are the ones posting most of the good info on this site.

I don't always sign in or give fishing reports, but try to help the guys at the ramp when we have done well. Where, when, how and what we were using. Most of the time when I go to post on this site it would be duplicate info. Although my one trip up this year went like this. Drove 3 hours got the boat ready to launch and then got the boat ready to drive back 3 hours because of 4 to 5's blowing into the creek. Stopped at the bait shop next to turtle creek and looked around said where we from and got a "really you drove that far with this fishing weather."

I would of probably said the same thing don't hold it against them. But with the reports saying it should of been less than 1 footers right up till we left at 2pm, thought we were safe.

I hope I can make it to retirement and fish the big water as much as this guy someday. Like I tell my grandparents keep enjoying retirement and I will keep paying for it. Catch some fish for me on one of your many Saturdays and try to get milk somewhere else for your cheerios. Sounds like they might have broke the seal on yours.

Captains keep posting!!! What this guy doesn't understand is a great captain can communicate the details that catch fish. Anybody can be a captain of a boat and take people fishing. Trust me been with those guys. Putting them in the box and having the customer understand what is going on and walk away with more than he walked on the boat with separates the great ones from the pack.