Walleyes For Warriors Walleyes For Warriors Walleyes For Warriors Walleyes For Warriors

Default Walleyes For Warriors

Hi everyone,

This year I have volunteered to be a captain for the Walleye For Warriors foundation. I dont know if anyone has heard of it or not but its a Walleye Tournament in Saginaw Bay for our Veterans. More information can be found here http://www.walleyesforwarriors.com

I keep my boat on the western basin of Lake Erie and need to start plotting a course all the way to Lake Huron and the Saginaw Bay. Anyone have recommendations or have experience on this route through the Great Lakes? I am totally familiar with Lake Erie, Detroit Rive and Lake St. Clair but will be in new waters once I head towards Lake Huron and want to make this a safe & enjoyable experience. I need to map out where to get fuel and any potential hazards along the way. I have a RayMarine SL72 chartplotter and GPS, along with a new Lowrance Elite 7 HDI but I have never used the chart plotters before, probably start figuring that out this weekend.

Appreciate the help captains!

-Tony

Thanks for signin up Tony! You might get more help on the upper end of your trip if you go to Michigan sportsman forums / saginawbay and join/sign up on the site, plus they will help a lot with fishing locations etc for when your headed that way. The wife and I will be there filleting fish again this year. Make sure to look us up. Last year the marina next to the veterans launch allowed free dockage.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Thanks for the tip Ebijack. I wonder who I can contact to discuss getting a dock, I assume the organization should be letting me know but I'd rather be proactive about this. I figure its going to take me 8-12 hours depending on the weather to make this trip. Plan on leaving Friday morning and returning home sometime after the tournament ends on Sunday.

Hope to see you out there!