uv coating ?? uv coating ?? uv coating ?? uv coating ??

Thread: uv coating ??

Default uv coating ??

i,ve been hearing all the hoopla about uv coating. can someone tell me just what this coating does?? and please give me your opinions on this coating.
    sherman

Default UV's

Sherman, I purchased a few last year and the paint and the color schemes leave
    me less than enthused on thier use and probably why I have yet to use them but in the very near future will give them a try. I know what your saying as to the hype on them being nothing less than above all. But as of now there has been no reply on a previous post from someone requesting the facts on a spray
    to re-junvinate its paint WHAT? Just how does one know the paint has lost its
    effectivness and when the recoat or replace them. Just my opinion for sure and maybe start someone elses opinion here on this subject.

Gene

Hope this helps you. It helps light up your lure with the available sunlight that penetrates the water! Here is a manufacturers explanation! It is from Janns Netcraft online Catalog.

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/fishing...025011103.aspx
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default Great item?

I just don't think so.........More studies will have to be made. Just think of what
    time and efforts lure manufacturers designing those products we use today and
    this item comes on the market to improve those cranks we have and just not knowing if it really does work. I forsee many partially used bottles sitting on shelves collecting dust and the purchaser 8 bucks light in his wallet scratching his head wondering the same thing.

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by BtweenShots View Post
    I just don't think so.........More studies will have to be made. Just think of what
    time and efforts lure manufacturers designing those products we use today and
    this item comes on the market to improve those cranks we have and just not knowing if it really does work. I forsee many partially used bottles sitting on shelves collecting dust and the purchaser 8 bucks light in his wallet scratching his head wondering the same thing.

Gene
    I have a lot of crank baits that I can say the same thing about as well as a lot of other items in my fishing equipment that cost a lot more money than a bottle of this stuff! I have no intentions of using this stuff as ~~ I have not had a lot of trouble catching walleyes in the past, most of the problems I incur are caused by me and not the lures that I may be using, problems such as going to the wrong spot or fishing negative fish both of which are bad judgment on my part, if they come out with a spray for those symptoms that I exhibit from time to time then I am going to spring for a bottle of that stuff. I do have several friends that use this stuff and swear by it.

Don't forget that the favorite crank baits and other lures and lure enhancements in ones tackle box were also something new and different at the time of their release to the public for use, the public and not the research conducted by the manufacturer of the lure or other product are the true testers and researchers for the product in question and the fishing public will determine the success or failure of that lure or product.
    Last edited by wakina; 03-27-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

well I gave the uv coating there chance to show me something. I just spent 2 weeks up on erie and tried the harnesses with the uv coating and didn't catch a fish on the 2 colors I had. I have to admit I didn't leave them on all day but gave them plenty of time to show if they were going to out preform my other harnesses. I gave each color about 4 hours at the same setting I was getting fish on other lures and never got a hit. I may try them again next year when we go up for our 2 week vacation. but its hard to put something on that didn't get fish when other colors were catching fish all around them.
    sherman

Default Agree

Though I fish mainly the western basin the so called UV paint has produced very little for me either. From pulling cranks. spoons, and spinners they are
    not the producers as thought to be and believe me I have tried them as well
    as the live bait figured spoons with UV backs (2 seasons). Hell I just don't
    know. Here the colors have been pink and charthruse have been the go to color
    and yet the J7 's in blue could be the savior for the day. If the first mate ( a beagle ) sticks her muzzle in the box and gets caught I give it a try and she is only running a 55/45 percentage at best now.

Gene