Jigs and Blade Baits Jigs and Blade Baits Jigs and Blade Baits Jigs and Blade Baits
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes on stinger hooks. Bait usually dont matter when jigging

its pretty simple...get you some 3/4 ounce jigs is all I use purple...black/purple...white bluish orange and purple/chartrues is all youll need hair jigs, no bait and of course stingers, cast up on the ledges of the reefs usually L can is hot as well and is a lil farther out towards west sister island...crane creek...turtle creek ...are all of my favorites, crib is the shallowest that I know of and I stay clear away from it, I do fish Niagra as well but would rather stay in close...I go out of wild wings every week during jig season....Good Luck and keep in touch.......! ps I go by Iowa Charlie on 69 or you can keep up to date on here or facebook or can call me as well 319-981-5433

Default The Reefs

Thanks Captain Charlie. I am looking forward to heading up. Is there a good website that you know of that shows the reefs in the western basin. I think my Lowrance has them but I haven't got the boat out of shop yet and just wanting to do some scouting. I might even consider taking a charter out to show me the ropes before I go out and tear up my lower unit.

Default reefs

Hey I seen your posting of the maps in the other thread. Rookies like me appreciate the leg work for info like that. Thank You

well heres how I figured out things in short order...I have never hit anything on that lake EVER, and I would think its impossible too if you just stay clear of crib reef and thats towards the islands and firing range area to the east, you will be fishing to the west, or at least thats where the fish are...I would put my boat in turtle creek, or wild wings in which is steep, go out of the cut to t he lake and just stay to the left, youll see a crowd for sure, I have a 30 ft maycraft center console witha 250 E-TECH and it says ERIE FEELING down the sides in big black letters, I stay at the camper 270 at wild wings when im in town, thats my home sweet home when im there from my home in Iowa and I travel there weekly during jig season, and you can always come and go with me for a time or two and stay as well, I like to party though and im in bed by 10 most nights and up at 5 ready to do it again....

I appreciate it.