Jigs and Blade Baits Jigs and Blade Baits Jigs and Blade Baits Jigs and Blade Baits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jigs and Blade Baits

I am heading over to the wildwings area this weekend because I have the fever like the rest of you. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a good bait shop that has a good stock of hair jigs and blade baits. Much appreciated.

Default Shops

There are a few. Dreamcatchers ( The old Bait Barn) opened 3/12. A'n'J supposably always open. Happy Hooker has limited hours.

Gene

Default The old bait barn and Happy Hookers

Thank you but I have no clue where those are. Do you by chance know the road and or town. Im from northeastern ohio and dont know my way around over there. In the meantime I will do my best to find them on the old internet.
    Last edited by wetnet1; 03-13-2013 at 05:22 PM.

All of the bait stores mentioned are on Rt 2 west of Port Clinton. Check out western basin reports and you will see some of dreamcatchers jigs. And you can get his website info for the address. Hope this helps and FISH ON

Default Websites

Here ya go: happyhookerbaitandtacklle.com
    dreamcatcherfishing.com
    anjbaitandtackle.com

All have addresses and phone numbers listed. Like CAPTBRIAN stated all right
    on route 2.

Gene

Default bait shops

Thank you very much. I am heading over sometime this weekend to stock up. Much appreciated..

Default jigs

Hey fellas got me a good stock of hair jigs today and I am looking forward to my first jigging trip. I went heavy on the purple and greens in both the 1/2 and 3/4, does that make sense? I have a couple of questions for the vets. Stinger hook or not? Tip the hair jig or not? Where is the easiest closest ramp for a rookie to head to. Veteran fisherman but rookie at the western basin jig bite. Also I am worried about all the shallow reefs and such any pointers on that. Thanks

Default Ramps

Please be a bit more specific. Did you visit the bait shops along Rt.2 that were
    suggested? If this is the area you want to be in The most popular are Fenwick
    and Wild Wings that takes you out to the reef complex.

Gene

Default ramps

No I did not head up there for the jigs I found a local shop in Ravenna that carried old petes,. Yes Gene that is the area I am trying to head out to, I have no experience west of cranberry creek. I am wanting to find somewhere in the area of the reef complex to try the jig bite but I am unfamiliar with the area as far as ramps and location. I have been to wild wings one time but was unable to go out last year due to weather. Is the reef complex close to wildwings. I have some pretty good maps on the lowrance but its in the shop getting some rodholders put on right now so I am just trying to find somewhere really to try the jigbite .

Default Ramps

Sure enough, both Wild Wings and Fenwick would be good choices along with
    Turtle Creek and other alternatives would be Turtle Pt. and Magee East ( formerly Inland Marina)

Gene