april 11th thru 14 april 11th thru 14 april 11th thru 14 april 11th thru 14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default april 11th thru 14

Finally ready to get back up to the lake for some walleye fishing this spring. Me and a couple friends are coming up to port clinton for 4 days of fishing on april 11, hopefully the weather will cooperate. If so i think we should be there for some prime fishing. Planning to mix up the jigging and the trolling. I bought 12 new 800 series in purples, greens,and wonderbread patterns that we will be using. I have about a dozen jigs left over from last year so i should be good on those. Added a radio to the boat this year so if we are on them i can let you guys know. Thanks for all the reports and heres to a great year of fishing!

Comming up the same time lets hope for good weather. Cant wait to hear fish on.

I was thinking about trying for perch if we limit out jigging for eyes. Any suggestions on locations and techniques? Ive heard about guys catching big perch in the spring but never tried.

Marblehead area. Same techniques you use in the summer.

South of kellys, off of the marblehead lighthouse, west of south bass.. these are some areas that I have caught them in april... same techniques as the summer and fall..

Ok thanks for the tips, hopefully the weather cooperates and we can give it a shot. Will post results.

I have been watching the weather forecast and it looks like it may be windy this weekend. What kind of reports are you guys getting?

Quote Originally Posted by "chillin" View Post
    I have been watching the weather forecast and it looks like it may be windy this weekend. What kind of reports are you guys getting?
    Same reports as you. Big cold front moving in. Looks real bad for the 11th NE wind with gust in the 30's mph. 13th and 14th winds may not be to bad. It's anybody's guess on how tore up the lake will be after this big blow and how the fish will react to this cold front. I'm sure. There will be some fish caught just may be a tougher bite. I'm waiting until the 15th to come up. Good luck and be safe.

We are still gunna come up, the room is paid for and vacation time has been used. Hopefully we will get out on the lake if it calms down,if not i guess we will be playing alot of xbox .

What are the head boats charging? That might get you out. Better than nothing