Maumee River update! Maumee River update! Maumee River update! Maumee River update!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Golden Rule for River. Thunderstorm. Been in Toledo since 77'. That's what it takes. Just one good one. I call it "flushing the Toilet"

Quote Originally Posted by jiginitis69 View Post
    Golden Rule for River. Thunderstorm. Been in Toledo since 77'. That's what it takes. Just one good one. I call it "flushing the Toilet"
    Thats hilarious...i just coughed up pop out my nose.

Talking River

Still no fish..there was talk of someone seeing fish on another stringer..well..3 of us down there for a few hrs..not a roll or anything...water almost 37 still a little cold..its at a good level to get in any where ..did see more people out there...talked to a guy been there for a few hrs more than me..said a few people came and went...no fish..still was anice day to be out of the dang house...1/2 weight 2 ft leader....pink tail...next day down will be tuesday.

Making payments..russ:d

PICK UP YOUR TRASH

Default Raining and snowing generally warming.

Hello Walleye.com, The significant rain we have been waiting for is going on as I type I have to admit, that was fun to say. The river will be up and filled with warm rain water. I will get a temperature check over the next few days to confirm. Long leaders, the water will be moving fast those first few days.

This weeks weather. The temperature is set to drop again into the mid 30's this week and even snow. I don't think this low front will deter the fish from entering the river as the warm water will have started the migration.

They may just need a few days to actually swim up the river to the parks area. When the water is back down to where the river is safe.

Well, you know that part.

Be careful, and good luck!

Default Maumee bait and tackle shop reports 41.7 Degrees!

Bingo! 41.7 degrees! That was quick!

From Maumee bait and tackle.

SNIP---

RIVER CONDITIONS 3/11/13 6:00 A.M.

THE RIVER LEVEL IS 582'4", TEMP IS 41.7 DEGREES. SUNRISE IS 7:55 a.m. SUNSET IS 7:34 p.m. WATER CLARITY IS 2 "-3"

SNIP---

I will be going past the river around noon today and will check the temp with my own thermometer to confirm.

Smile maumee river fish reports

Here is maumee river fish report, that has been call into me, first walleye caught mid feb. off white streeet, since this weekend
    I herd off 9 walleyes caught, 4 off them today, from orleans park to buttonwood and even jermore rd. heard of two fisherman two walleyes each today. Need the water to rise.
    Wayne Reel Sport charters fishing team.

Default The water was up again today as expected

Water was up today. It was also snowing. Brr.
    Water temp was 41.3 degrees. Air temp was 32 degrees. Ice was forming on fishing line. I gave up after 20 minutes.

A few guys were Battling the weather, I saw no fish caught.

Smile

Burrr. Been there....done that. Sucking ice out of pole eyes. Need a Thunderstorm and game on. The lake is still too cold. God will push the toilet handle next week. Lol

Talking River

Friend of mine in water by the park in p burg...one good male while i was there...water up so you are in the bush a little ..the wind will shove it out fast...5/8 w 3 ft leader....i ll be out some where tomm...i post what i know :d

Default Have a safe Weekend!

Happy Friday Walleye.com!

With the weekend quickly approaching, more fisherman will be down on the river to try their luck. Please be careful!

The river is still up and it is cold.

With that said, the wind is forecast to be out of the west today at around 8-10 knots. This should allow the water level to continue to drop throughout the day today. Tomorrow the wind is forecast to be out of the Northeast, which should slow the river down a bit. A low pressure system is approaching which may bring a few inches of snow during the day on Saturday.
    40% chance according to accuweather.com and weather.com.

Sunday is forecast to be partly sunny with diminishing NE winds and a high temperature of around 38 degrees.
    The morning temperature will be below freezing at around 25-28 degrees at dawn.

With this information, I would estimate that Sunday evening will be the safest bet for us to be down on the river. Clouds should build throughout the day making for lower light conditions prior to actual sunset. The air temperature will be above freezing so we are not dealing with freezing lines.

Good luck to you all and again, be safe!